3DCoat Forums

3D model gone in viewport

hello,

I'm still a little bit new with 3Dcoat, but this never happened before.

I edited my texture in photoshop and imported it in 3Dcoat to apply it on the model, then for some weird reason, I couldn't paint on it anymore. so I restarted 3D coat and opened up the file. the 3D model was invisible, I could still paint on it and it would show up in the UV. but not on the model.

I made a new file in the hopes of solving it. but the model was invisible again.

is this a bug or am I missing something? like I said, I'm still new to the program and maybe the solution is obvious.

Thanks for reading.

-Bram

Untitled-1.png

• Reputable Contributor

I think in this case it would be faster to find out what is happening if you can share the the model and the texture you edited in photoshop. You can pm me with a link if the model needs to stay private... Also always good to give the version of 3DC you are using and how you imported the model... Per Pixel painting etc...

Edited by digman

10 minutes ago, o0Bram0o said:

hello,

I'm still a little bit new with 3Dcoat, but this never happened before.

I edited my texture in photoshop and imported it in 3Dcoat to apply it on the model, then for some weird reason, I couldn't paint on it anymore. so I restarted 3D coat and opened up the file. the 3D model was invisible, I could still paint on it and it would show up in the UV. but not on the model.

I made a new file in the hopes of solving it. but the model was invisible again.

is this a bug or am I missing something? like I said, I'm still new to the program and maybe the solution is obvious.

Thanks for reading.

-Bram

EDIT: this happened to all models I opened after this "bug", also to models who were alright before this "bug".

10 minutes ago, o0Bram0o said:

Untitled-1.png

3 minutes ago, digman said:

I think in this case it would be faster to find out what is happening if you can share the the model and the texture you edited in photoshop. You can pm me with a link if the model needs to stay private... Also always good to give the version of 3DC you are using and how you imported the model... Per Pixel painting etc...

It happens to all models now, Not only this one :/

• Reputable Contributor

Also you can competely un-install your version. Be sure to remove the 3DC folder under User / My Documents as well that is if you use Windows 7. I run Windows 7 so where the Documents folder is located in windows 10, I can not help with. 

You have to re-register your 3DC if you go this route.