3DCoat Forums

Paint Object Problem

vertigo262

I imported some Geometry into the Sculpt room, and scaled it on import. 

While doing this, for some reason, One of the Paint objects also scaled as well. It's retopology mesh didn't scale at all. Just the Paint Object in the paint room. This seems like it's a Glitch.

Is there any way to either rescale the Paint Object, or delete it and create a new one without loosing the associated UV's and Texture layers associate with it?

Noo Whatt I amm Sayingg is, that when scaling in the scculptingg roomm, on a importedd neww objectt. A differentt Retoppodd obectt which is a paintt objectt scales withh the imported voxel/Surdacce Objectt. Whicchh Shouldd havee noo associationn, whatsoeverr

• Reputable Contributor

Never seen that before. Is is possible for you to make a video... 

I tested. I had a paint room object baked from a retopo mesh in the retopo room.

Next Imported a new different object into the sculpt room, scaled it up for more voxel resolution. chose yes to keep scale for export. 

Made sure the all voxels objects would not be seen in the paint room per the normal method as Carlosan explained.

The paint room object did not scale.

Edited by digman

I've never had this problem before, but in this case, it did it. Something in the scene freaked it out and it wasn't happy.

I've noticed all sorts of bugs and glitches in 3D Coat, despite the fact I love the program. But it is buggy as hell. For example, a lot of times if you name thing with spaces, it freaks out the exports or retopo's example "My Object" in the Sculpt room should be named "My_Object" or without spaces. 

Or things go wrong. Little quirckie things like this. It however is a really good program and I like the interface way better then Zbrush. But the Bugs need to be ironed out.

I could do a screen cap if they really want it. To show them. It's only happened to me in this one instance. But it isn't happy with something.