3DCoat Forums

Can someone verify a 3D coat feature?

Armantium

Hi!

I don't know where the model was created for that video, but the answer is yes. You can definitely create hard surface objects in 3DC and use them in Unreal. You can also retopologize in 3DC and export, which is recommended for creating a low res asset from the high res sculpt.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Javis said:

Hi!

I don't know where the model was created for that video, but the answer is yes. You can definitely create hard surface objects in 3DC and use them in Unreal. You can also retopologize in 3DC and export, which is recommended for creating a low res asset from the high res sculpt.

So you are saying that I would not need software like 3DS Max at all for 3D modeling - primarily of machines and buildings?

I already have Maya so I would not like the additional expense.

If this is true, then that's amazing!

Yep, you don't need anything else really. I personally do find it easier to model hard surface things in another application (modo), but that comes down to personal preference. 3DC is definitely capable of it. :)

5 minutes ago, Javis said:

Yep, you don't need anything else really. I personally do find it easier to model hard surface things in another application (modo), but that comes down to personal preference. 3DC is definitely capable of it. :)

Yes, and Maya has 3D modeling tools for stuff like buildings and mechanical structures anyway.

I'm so relieved.