3DCoat Forums

New Cintiq Pro 24" and 32" announced

http://wacomcintiqpro.wacom.com/

Wacom today announced that it will be expanding its Cintiq Pro lineup with two new graphics tablets. They’re designed for photographers, illustrators, and graphics designers who want a larger digital canvas than has been previously available.

The two tablets will have edge-to-edge glass screens that measure 24- and 32-inches in size, greatly expanding upon the currently Cintiq Pro lineup, which only has 13-inch and 16-inch tablets.

Here’s a graphic showing how the new tablets will compare in size with the existing ones:

sizecomparison-800x420.jpg

The upcoming tablet displays will be 4K with one billion colors and “maximum color accuracy” — the existing 16-inch tablet offers 4K resolution as well — and will have Pro Pen 2 technology. That’s a stylus with a whopping 8,192 pressure sensitivity levels.

At $2,000 and $3,300, they will naturally be the most expensive options in the Cintiq Pro line-up — the current 13- and 16-inch versions cost $1,000 and $1,500, respectively.

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

I'm sure these Wacom display tablets will be awesome however, the prices are too high for mere mortals like myself.

I picked up this guy at the start of the summer for $459.00 and couldn't be happier, it's the Ugee 15.6 Inches HK1560 IPS Display Graphics Monitor Drawing Pen Tablet

https://www.amazon.com/Ugee-HK1560-Resolution-DisplayPort-Rechargeable/dp/B01M5HGRZM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1503877679&sr=8-3&keywords=ugee+16+display+tablet

Inexpensive, responsive, low parallax.. For the driver install, once I purged my system of all wacom software (including the wintab drivers), it was smooth sailing.

Again, would love to own a Wacom but just cant justify paying almost 4x the price.

• Like 2

• Advanced Member

The good news here is that they're not set in a fixed stand, so you can lie in bed or wherever and just work on it at any angle you want. 

Add a Teradici remote access card for your workstation and a Teradici Zero Client and you can work with this tablet anywhere in the world and turn your worksttion at home on and off and run it on this tablet at 60fps.

https://www.teradici.com/

Teradici_Remote_WS_Card.jpg

$450.00 or so for the remote access card

Tera-Fig2.jpg\\

$400 or so for the Zero Client that gives you access to your workstation with the Teradici card in it. Of course you could do without this and use a laptop with the Teradici software but this is more compact, cheaper and far more secure than a laptop.

Add WACOM tablet...and you could have your AMD 32 thread workstation with the top Nvidia Pascal GPU in it anywhere in the world to work on.

• 1 year later...

I bought a XP-Pen Artist 22E Pro Pen display drawing Pad last year and it has been a joy to use. it features of 21.5" IPS Monitor , 1920 x 1080 (16:9) FHD resolution , 78% Adobe RGB color gamut . 8192 levels of pressure senstivity . I am a professional artist, and this lets me work much more efficiently. Even better, its fun to use.

I held off for nearly a decade on upgrading to a display tablet due to the massive cost of Wacom's Cintiq display tablet. The XP-Pen display tablet is actually the same or cheaper than Wacom's non-display Intuos Pro, while this tablet's quality is absolutely comparable. This tablet is even inexpensive enough for art students, without a noticeable drop in quality.

This tablet has been great! I've had it for a while and have not been disappointed. I’m a 3D modeler and this has been working great for my needs! I love its use in Zbrush. It's pressure sensitivity is fantastic and I like that the tablet only registers the pen. It does not register your touch.

After having tested this Artist 22E Pro drawing tablet monitor , I would recommend it to anyone with one exception.