3DCoat Forums

Hurricane Harvey

digman

• Reputable Contributor

Hurricane Harvey did a lot of damage in the area of Texas I live in. Our city was hit hard but not as hard as others. I will be not on the fourms for a number of weeks. All safe here, will return when I can. 

Edited by digman

• Reputable Contributor

I was wondering how you were doing, as I knew you were close to the where the hurricane hit. Hurricanes are hard enough to get through, but then you have it sit in that region for days, dumping record levels of water on a state that is susceptible to flooding anyway...it's hard to imagine. In many areas of the world, that would have resulted in a catastrophic number of lives lost. You guys in Texas are doing a tremendous job, from the government level, to local churches and charities, down to the individual neighbors helping each other out, using their own boats, jet skis and 4x4 trucks, etc.

I used to live in the Houston area back in the 90's, so I know how flat the area is and how prone it is to flooding.

• 2 weeks later...