3DCoat Forums

Curves - how to get/make new splines?

Kierab

The included splines for the curve tool are interesting but not terribly helpful, I would like to use it for simple straps or ropes but i cannot figure out how to make or find some. These seem like such obvious items I am surprised they are not included. I have watched a bunch of the video tutorials but they all just gloss over it with "you can get more" or something without any specifics.  Can someone please point me to some info that can get me going? Thanks!

Thanks I had found that post right after i posted this.  The thing that is frustrating me now is this - HOW do i get a SHARP EDGED primitive?  i want to make a leather belt and as soon as i create the box it has beveled edges that do NOT tile smoothly, there are lines because of the funky edges.  I have looked at all the settings and i just dont see anything.  Am I doing something wrong that my cubes are round?

• Advanced Member

Have you tried surface mode, voxel primitives can be blobby.Or maybe increase resolution. Its a bit of a trade off if you are making splines ...you have too many polys , it bogs down the computer,too few and your edges get a bit soft.

What I would do for a belt is make a cube with a decent resolution, then use the cut off tool to pare it to your belt profile.