http://3dcoat.com/V48/

(will be updated)

Promo video comes tomorrow!

Google Drive Download Mirror

winicon.pngWindows [4.8.04]:

3D-Coat 64-bit

osxicon.pngmacOS [4.8.03]: 

http://www.3d-coat.com/~sergyi/3D-CoatV4-8-03.dmg

Ensure to check "System Preferences > Security & Privacy > click the "lock" > select "App Store and identified developers" (when only "App Store" is selected error message is displayed "3D-Coat" can't be opened because it was not downloaded from the App Store)

On "Retina" displays uncheck "3D-Coat > Geometry > Incremental Render"

linuxicon.pngLinux [4.8.03]:

http://www.3d-coat.com/~sergyi/3D-CoatV4-8-03.tar.gz

How to create shortcut

Changes list since 4.7.37C:

11.10.2017 4.8.04

- Fixed problem of baking sculpt shaders to paint room

- Fixed problem of texture preview when you edit shader.

- Bake menu in Paint room. It allows to drop paint objects to Sculpt room, modify there and bake normal/other maps back on paint object.

- Plane tool in paint room works correctly with normalmap layer.

- Sticky kays activation time increased to prevent false sticking.

- fixed problem of very long importing for PPP in some cases.

23.09.2017 4.8.03

- Cubemapping for smart materials on textures in correspondence with normalmap, not just with geometry like before. It leads to more accurate mapping if normalmaps used.

- Correct import of envronment maps restored.

- Distortion of alpha removed when applied to very distorted area.

- Sharper mapping of materials in UV mode.

- UI in bigger size cleaned up.

20.09.2017 4.8.02

- Space panel text recovered

- Japanese fonts corrected again

- Correct booleans with flipped objects

- Dropdown arrow in materials window (and other) recovered

- little tweaks to make medium/large UI modes to be correct.

18.09.2017  4.8.01 [should be stable]

- New set of smart materials!

- Bump for materials is now pen radius independent! It correctly depends on material scale.

- Much better folders UI

- better PLY support (import meshes that contain UV)

-  Edit Scene Scale in retopo room

- Correct show/hide start menu, scaling Start menu in correspondence with screen resolution.

- Correct bias for wireframe of primitives

-  Correct UV-ed faces subdivision in retopo room.

- Correct default parameters in Wrap/Axial tools.

- Recovered Fit tool.

-  Added the outer radius into retopo torus primitive.

- Camera Snap Settings

- Store last transform for the materials

- Fixed Scratches2 tool

- Correct Japanese font

- Ptex-related crashes fixed.

- Renaming shaders in RMB menu

- Fixed problem of long droplists/menus with scrollers.

- If by some reason cache information is lost, you will be warned during the scene loading.

Edited by Javis
Google Drive Mirror
8 people like this

Great release

Ive noticed a bug when changing uvs on a model that has paint layers.If the uvs are changed around ,then after the rebake of the paint info of the layers the normal map displays wrong and shows seams .I looked at it and I think maybe what is happening is that the vertex normals on the mesh are getting lost when the rebake happens.

Linux link is wrong. It downloads the 4.7.37 version.

Manually type this in the browser's address bar (or copy and paste) and it downloads the new beta: http://www.3d-coat.com/~sergyi/3D-CoatV4-8-01.tar.gz

Just clicking won't do it.

Edit:

OK, this one works: http://www.3d-coat.com/~sergyi/3D-CoatV4-8-01.tar.gz

Please 3DCoat team, fix the links. By the way, it's not the first time this happens. Maybe you should automate the link generation?

Edited by Allabulle

Solved !

Thx for broken link report ;)

Spent most of yesterday migrating all my resources over to v4.8, so far so good. I look forward to seeing some of the fixes from v4.7.

WOW great news

there are some features that I dont really quite understand how they work, will it be possible to have a video showcasing all the new stuff?

On 18.09.2017 at 11:34 PM, Andrew Shpagin said:

- Much better folders UI

Yes. But how can I change to Tiny, Normal, Large? For example, my Smart Materials are in Huge mode now and there is no special menu in the top right corner.

Upd.: I found a way. I had to make Smart Materials manager wide enough, so that special menu appeared. But it's kinda hidden and can be obscure. And by the way, if someone can have too many folders that menu will never appear?

Edited by druh0o

5 hours ago, druh0o said:

Yes. But how can I change to Tiny, Normal, Large? For example, my Smart Materials are in Huge mode now and there is no special menu in the top right corner.

Upd.: I found a way. I had to make Smart Materials manager wide enough, so that special menu appeared. But it's kinda hidden and can be obscure. And by the way, if someone can have too many folders that menu will never appear?

I have a drop down list for my smart materials and do not see the special menu you speak of. All I see is the plus icon on the far right to add a new folder. I have a drop down list for my alpha tab too and that does have the arrow to adjust the preview sizes though. So might be a bug the smart materials are missing that when a drop down is present.

OlRLloP.jpg

Speaking of which 2 things about smart material UI:

1) It would be very nice to have the names for each smart material as a toggle option to show up under each material. I know this has been mentioned before, would still be greatly appreciated as an option.

2) Hovering over each material is like playing whack-a-mole sometimes. The tootip that appears to show a larger preview and the material name seems inconsistent on where it will appear on my screen. Sometimes it appears on the left side and other times when I hover over another material the preview is much lower in the middle of the screen.

Hi 3DCoat Team!

Thanks a lot for this very welcome updates.
I the coming days I hope to start exploring all new features, but I think that it should be very desirable to have some new video tutorials about that.

In the meantime I found that there's a little some issue with the UI.
I'm running 3D-Coat 4.8.01 OpenGL 64 on WIndows 10 Pro 64 Bit

1) In the Sculpt Room the Quick Access window has no labels but only icons. Labels are invisible.

2xppnPCEu6ibA6us2gk6VxOXBCMfOp.png

2) The Smart Materials Tab of the Paint Room doesn't reacts properly to the RMB to change the materials.
Only if I pick the little arrow and the "Folder" menu item, it works.

Please check this brief video : https://monosnap.com/file/3WrNkAFuoVb2cNEQzv1JOGHHGx2qZC

I stay tuned.

Have a nice day.

Marco (mkdm)

7 hours ago, Mystical said:

I have a drop down list for my smart materials and do not see the special menu you speak of. All I see is the plus icon on the far right to add a new folder. I have a drop down list for my alpha tab too and that does have the arrow to adjust the preview sizes though. So might be a bug the smart materials are missing that when a drop down is present.

It works like this: " - If there are too many folders in materials/stencils etc, they will be represented as droplist. "

The thing is that arrow disappears in smart materials when they represented as droplist.

here is a video: https://imgur.com/a/ekn9T

Edited by druh0o

hint: ShowFoldersAsButtons must be off

* arrow disappears = confirmed

ShowFoldersAsButtons.jpg

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, mkdm said:

Hi 3DCoat Team!

Thanks a lot for this very welcome updates.
I the coming days I hope to start exploring all new features, but I think that it should be very desirable to have some new video tutorials about that.

In the meantime I found that there's a little some issue with the UI.
I'm running 3D-Coat 4.8.01 OpenGL 64 on WIndows 10 Pro 64 Bit

1) In the Sculpt Room the Quick Access window has no labels but only icons. Labels are invisible.

2) The Smart Materials Tab of the Paint Room doesn't reacts properly to the RMB to change the materials.
Only if I pick the little arrow and the "Folder" menu item, it works.

Please check this brief video : https://monosnap.com/file/3WrNkAFuoVb2cNEQzv1JOGHHGx2qZC

I stay tuned.

Have a nice day.

Marco (mkdm)

I think Andrew needs to drop that long list menu when RMB a Smart Material. There is no need for all those folders to be shown. It doesn't really do anything and worst of all, it forces the user to reach way up to the top of the UI just to click the SMART MATERIAL EDITOR. That option needs to be right at your finger tips, but it can't due to that mile long list pushing it to the top of the UI.

As for the Quick Access panel, I suspect Andrew hid the labels to minimize the amount of space that panel takes up. It's HUGE and often requires more effort to locate and select the tool you want, than the Tool Panel on the left. That's why I rarely use the Quick Access Panel. The very second you hover over the icon, the tool name appears...so again, I think Andrew probably removed the label for a good reason. If nothing else, it helps reduce the visual clutter in that panel.

Updated to 4.8.02

6 people like this

Can we have a build that don't trigger win 10 smart screen protection and the prevent message which ask you to run anyaway at your own risk the app as the publisher name isn't signed.

14 hours ago, Andrew Shpagin said:

Updated to 4.8.02

Hi Andrew.

Thanks for the update!

I don't know if you want to totally get rid of RMB operation within menus so I don't know if this is a useless post,
but I think that there is still some problem with RMB :

The Smart Materials Tab of the Paint Room and the Shaders Tab of the Sculpt Room don't react to the RMB in order to change the current folder.
It works only if I pick the little arrow and the "Folder" menu item, or the menu shown as Buttons.

RMB works also with Stencil Tab.

Please check this video : http://take.ms/ORC9J

Have a nice day.

Marco (mkdm)

I'm having an issue when I'm trying to set a new hotkey to replace the default MMB (Pan the viewport).  If i assign any other key, the viewport will slowly shift the camera left as you hold the button down, instead of going into panning mode like holding the MMB would.  

Could we rerun the method for porting resources to the new build?

When you add new environment map to all of color become black

standart

3847520abee1.png

added: last in the list at the bottom

9c38a3199ba7.png

but the shadows are turned on everything is fine

c6e73ab01853.png

Edited by Cleitus

Hi Andrew.

I confirm the bug found by Cleitus : "When you add new environment map to all of color become black"

I have made a test and I got the bug.

Please check this video. It show you the strange behavior : http://take.ms/49RYL

I stay tuned.

Bye.

Marco (mkdm)

If we let aside the small bugs (normal for a major release)  i noticed A HUGE PERFORMANCE BOOST on painting and smart material preview / read tweak.

Really and truly satisfied from this update.

Many thanks for all the hard work Andrew and team.

Edited by Michaelgdrs

1 hour ago, Michaelgdrs said:

If we let aside the small bugs (normal for a major release)  i noticed A HUGE PERFORMANCE BOOST on painting and smart material preview / read tweak.

Really and truly satisfied from this update.

Many thanks for all the hard work Andrew and team.

Hi Michael.

@You "...if we let aside the small bugs (normal for a major release)..."

Yes, I totally agree with you about the improvements of this new update.

But also we can't forget that this thread is called :"3D-Coat 4.8 Beta testing thread".

So, I think that we must help Andrew to improve 3D-Coat more and more, also helping him for the constant bug-fixing activity.

Have a nice day.

Marco (mkdm)

1 person likes this

Oh , wasn't referring  to anyone's comments here Marco , noticed some of the reported bugs as well , but to be honest i am so happy for the improvements that didn't care much .

Just giving up some points to 3D Coat Development for the good work.

BUT i also agree that bugs DO NEED to be REPORTED of course.

Edited by Michaelgdrs
1 person likes this