3DCoat Forums

3DCoat 4.8 BETA testing thread

• Advanced Member

@Carlosan

So, I could manage unit in 3d coat voxel room, (I often really need many try and erroer,, I often forget it,,)

but I do not know how I keep those setting. it is saved with 3d coat scene only? 

or I can save those setting as option,  then choose from UI, (eg for blender meter unit etc?) as start up setting? 

11 hours ago, Andrew Shpagin said:

I don't think it is related to Scale window. 3D-Coat imports and exports the same coordinates of object. But different software may interpret same values as meters/centimeters or millimeters. I on't know how is it managed in LW, but try to set different measure units in LW - meters, centimeters or millimeters and look how export differs in scale.

LightWave uses meters. This comes up a lot when I'm 3D printing.

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 4:59 AM, stusutcliffe said:

I have just tried to install 4.8, but my AVG flagged it as having a virus? I assumed It was possibly just part of it so made it an exception. When I tried to run it , it would not run and a box popped up saying It would not run because of virus. I uninstalled.

Any ideas?

Hi Stu,

Ever since my last AVG update, during any install, AVG will pop up saying it is checking for a virus...then 15 seconds later that dialog box will close allowing installation. It's just AVG checking for bad stuff within the running installer. At first it scared me too...so I just sat and waited, then the AVG dialog closed. It's actually pretty nice, and it's warned me about several web sites with improper or expired credentials too :) Hope this helps !!!

• Contributor

Some help here.... I have already downloaded and reinstalled the program (disconnecting this time the anti-virus), but even then this boring behavior of AVG antivirus block and take the 3d-coat v4.8GL64C.EXE to quarantine. The DX version is working properly, but every time I try to do a Restore in AVG it allows me and when I try to open the program again it blocks 3DcoatGL64C .... What to do?

Thanks

3dCoat_AVG_error_Capture.JPG

• Contributor

4.8.03 latest upload , need someone to make a quick test.

1) Curves line (default) voxels 

2) While making the curve points  hit ctrl Z to undo a point

3) 3D Coat hangs up and i must close it from the task manager and restart.

MIGHT BE ONLY ME , it gives me hard times the last 3 hours.

Win 10

Many thanks.

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, Michaelgdrs said:

4.8.03 latest upload , need someone to make a quick test.

1) Curves line (default) voxels 

2) While making the curve points  hit ctrl Z to undo a point

3) 3D Coat hangs up and i must close it from the task manager and restart.

MIGHT BE ONLY ME , it gives me hard times the last 3 hours.

Win 10

Many thanks.

can't confirm so far
but Win 7

and using Backspace key to undo a point instead of Ctrl Z is also works as it should

Edited by druh0o
  • Like 1

Hey Everyone

Can anyone confirm this. I am using Version 8.03.

Inside 3DC in full Screen mode. If you try adding a new Image the Popup/Open menu will not show up. It only will show after using the Task Manager or in normal screen mode.

Congrats on version 4.8 btw ....lets get rid of all these bugs!! :)

I hope to see this day come true " Plugin for the Most Popular Game Engines U3D / URE4

12 hours ago, Rygaard said:

Some help here.... I have already downloaded and reinstalled the program (disconnecting this time the anti-virus), but even then this boring behavior of AVG antivirus block and take the 3d-coat v4.8GL64C.EXE to quarantine. The DX version is working properly, but every time I try to do a Restore in AVG it allows me and when I try to open the program again it blocks 3DcoatGL64C .... What to do?

Thanks

3dCoat_AVG_error_Capture.JPG

Are you sure you downloaded latest build? Downloaded exe should be 

3d-Coat-V4_8-03-64FX.exe

I downloaded, installed, checked with all known antiviruses, this is report:

https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/ad26a7a518822496430cb79b343d7bb82b32e08d4bffe3dcd9f6623b1ee20577/detection

• Like 2

• Contributor
6 hours ago, druh0o said:

can't confirm so far
but Win 7

and using Backspace key to undo a point instead of Ctrl Z is also works as it should

Many thanks for the reply , freezes on backspace as well , forgot to mention it.

Must be the additional VR space i added that causes the continues auto save (even when autosave is disabled) and the freeze as well.

All good , was going to format it anyway too many new hardware added , it logical to get issues.

Many thanks for the testing and your time dr

• Contributor

Just had to share this!!!!

AMAZING WORK ON 3D MODELLING with PRIMITIVES from the DEV team.

Thank you so much for adding those.

1) Primitives

2) Select vertices

3)Transform 

4) Split 

5) DONE

Then retopo to sculpt , do your sculpt details and bake 2 in 1 .

This was made in around  10 minutes , 15 MAX  , faster 3d modeller EVER USED SO FAR.

Note to new users : DEFINITELY GO IN TO THIS PATH , it takes a bit of time to get used to it but once you get the hang of it IT ROCKS

Note to the Dev team : AWESOME WORK SO FAR , IF possible 1) A bridge tool 2) more primitives!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Primitives_3d_modelling.jpg

baked_result.jpg

normal_details_result.jpg

Hopefully i lower the different softwares i use in my main workflow thanks to 3D Coat.

Edited by Michaelgdrs
  • Like 5

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, Andrew Shpagin said:

3d-Coat-V4_8-03-64FX.exe

https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/ad26a7a518822496430cb79b343d7bb82b32e08d4bffe3dcd9f6623b1ee20577/detection

Thank you Andrew ...All seems good for me now.

• Like 1

• Contributor
13 hours ago, Andrew Shpagin said:

3d-Coat-V4_8-03-64FX.exe

Thank you very much Andrew Shpagin! The link to download  (3d-Coat-V4_8-03-64.exe) is not the same that you give me. Now everything ok!

• Advanced Member

I'm finding the Linux version of 4.8.03 noticeably slower than the Windows version.

I have a dual-boot so hardware is identical but as an example:

in Per-Pixel mode, load the Robot

-turning off and on AO and the other auto-gen layers takes under 1 second on Windows, well over 3 seconds on Linux

OpenGL mode on both Win and Linux, GeForce 960GTS, new drivers on both Win and Linux

Have I missed a setting or optimization?

Cheers,

Peter B

• Reputable Contributor
38 minutes ago, BurrMan said:

So key combo for tool settings adjustment = nothing is "red for depth"... "Shift is Green for smoothing" and Ctrl is "Blue for ??? Falloff????"

Currently blue is duplicating as "Depth"

Blue just indicates that the action is Inverted (indents rather than extrudes)

Regarding the Applink; once I have a Voxel object in 3DC and I want to send it back to Blender in my case, the File menu item to do so reads as, "BringVoxelsBackToApp" - just like that without spaces. Could this be changed to something like, "Send Mesh Back to App"?

This is on 4.8.0.3 under Windows 10

Edited by unity2k
added extra data

Bug: Background->Ref-image can not be replaced, if using the same file name for replacing image.

How to reproduce:

1. Create a background image: f.e. myimage.png

2. Set it to one of the axis in 3DC and close guides.

3. Edit myimage.png in your external program (photoshop f.e.) and replace the origin file with the update.

4. Edit image placement in 3DC and try to load the new version of myimage.png.

-> No changes.

3DC seem to use the file in the cache instead of reloading it from disk.

The only workaroud is to save myimage.png using a new name.

This happend to alphas and stencils in the history too. I hope it was fixed there. Have not tried it.

Can someone reproduce this?

Best wishes
Chris

• Advanced Member

I'm having a problem with this latest version, no smart materials show up.  Do I need to do an extra step?  I did run the copy data from the previous version, but not even the smart materials that I created before have shown up.