3DCoat Forums

curves

Robert G

Hello all,

I am having difficulties adjusting my curves in 3Dcoat.

Curves.thumb.JPG.417903e3bd58f1b15ea16943d3e3fe51.JPG

Maybe its because I am used to the bezier handles in C4d or even Illustrator where I can easily adjust the tangency.
Anyone has good advice or know about some good instructional video?

Many thanks, Robert

Thanks a lot dear Carlosan,

Its a nice tutorial, but i need something beyond the basics.

As you can see in the previous image, the curve is bulging out to right of the first horizontal point.

And in the following image you can see that adding a point between 1 and 2 only makes it worse.

I need something along the line of the last image; changing the tangency (from C4D).

Thank you for you help :-)

curves2.JPG

curves3.JPG

Edited by Robert G

Indeed... the rotate function moves the point to another location.

It's quite a limitation of the curve tool I must say. :(

Need to think about another way then to make a rim around my object.

Kind regards, Robert

Edited by Robert G

• Reputable Contributor

I've never known a curve to bulge like that. Seems there would be another curve point in there, that isn't showing for some odd reason. I would try to redraw the curve or use other brushes...maybe Sphere brush in Voxel mode?....with the Spline Stroke Draw Mode from the E-Panel. Might give you more control and a cleaner result. I agree that Andrew really needs to overhaul the Curves Tool and I hope the Pose tool as well. Both are really powerful, but need some refinement. I just asked him today by email, if he would give us the same transform gizmo in the Curves tool, that we have in the Transform tool. The one in the current Curves tool is an old legacy gizmo, that's quite antiquated, IMO...and is not consistent with the other transform gizmos in the app. Nor is the one in the Tweak Room.

I really hope he changes it so no matter where you are in the app, when you need to transform a mesh selection or Curve point, you have the same gizmo to work with.