3DCoat Forums

Unique Rock Sculpting Techniques in 3D-Coat

Carlosan

http://lesterbanks.com/2017/09/unique-rock-sculpting-techniques-3d-coat/

Anton Tenitsky Demonstrates His Rock Sculpting Techniques that is Unique to 3D-Coat

Anton Tenitsky goes over his way of rock sculpting in 3D-Coat that is a departure from what is normally seen with rock sculpting tutorials in 3DC. Creating rocks is a topic that Tenitsky has covered before, only using Zbrush as the tool of choice.

Since then, he has reconsidered the rock-making process, noting that 3DC has some advantages in workflow over Zbrush. “I’d say that in 3D-Coat, it is much, much easier” Tenitsky says. “The only advantage that Zbrush has is its noise modifier”.

Tenitsky has put together a Rugged Rocks Pack that is available for purchase. You can use the pack’s 17 high-quality rocks in your own work, or as a starting point for new work. Anton is mentor at the CG Spectrum College of Digital Art & Animation.

• Contributor

Carlosan, I've added it to the description and I'll do a short video on it, maybe 5 minutes. It's not possible to reupload the video on Youtube, unfortunately.

druh0o, saving presets would have been cool indeed. Also having a noise brush would have been pretty cool. Right now I need to mask out everything but the noise area which is a bit time consuming.