3DCoat Forums

Floating license doesn't work for 4.8

I have been using 3dcoat 4.7 for a while but since yesterday I haven't been able to use it because of the Nvidia 980/970/960 crash many seems to have.

So I just tried to install version 4.8 and see if that would help, but when I open it up it asks for registration even though I got the Fserver running with a free floating license not in use.

I even send a @support mail over 24 hours ago without ever receiving a reply... 

Copy file "floating.dat" from folder "This PC > Documents > 3D-CoatV47" into folder "This PC > Documents > 3D-CoatV48" under Windows (or from folder "HOME/3D-CoatV47" into folder "HOME/3D-CoatV48" under Linux). To automatically register future "3D-Coat" major updates define environment variable COAT_FSERVER with the content of file "floating.dat" (which is plain text file which contains IP:PORT of your local license server "FServer"). See section "FServer and 3D-Coat client" in this PDF http://pilgway.com/~sergyi/LinuxDocs/FServer.pdf