3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Copy Material Texture to Documents Dir

vertigo262

Hi Space Cases !

I notice when I am working on a project and create a smart material, it associates the Texture with the folder it is in. This makes perfect sense. 

However when the project folder is deleted or moved after completion, the Material still exists with an image in cache, and 3D Coat wanting the file location which no longer exists.

My question is: is there a way or future way to be able to have the Texture copied to the documents folder, or an option to tell it to make a copy in the documents folder on material creation so that the materials can be used for future work without having to figure out where the texture file went. Because it would then be centralized in the Documents folder.

So you can Archive or Create libraries while working on your existing project instead of manually copying each texture to the Documents folder while working on a project.

Saves time, Makes for a faster workflow that can be used in future projects without premediatedly thinking about copying the textures into the document directory?

Can this be done at all now? if not can it be done in the future?

Raise ya hand if you think this should be part of 3D Coat!

ok, so solutions?

3Dcoat.jpg