3DCoat Forums

[Solved] 3DCoat just won't start. It's driving me nuts ! One Drive error

BrandonK

So I've been using 3D Coat for a year now... This problem is new to me. It just won't start. When I try to start the program a pop-up comes up saying "3dcoat has stopped working." GL, DX, all the same.

Thing is that I got a new computer. Been using it for about a week, nothing wrong with it. Factory made.

Spec:

CPU: Intel i7-7700K

Ram: 16GB

Graphic card: GeForce GTX 1070 (EVGA)

HDD: 2TB

I've deleted it, searched everything and removed, re-installed it, updated all drivers, updated windows, searched everything, turned off firewall, even bought the steam version since my current one did not work. It just won't open and all I get is that pop-up.

I'm working on a project and this is driving me nuts. Any help would be very very appreciated.

Thank you.

2017-10-07.png

4 minutes ago, Andrew Shpagin said:

Try to delete all files MyDocs/3D-CoatV48/Options***.xml

If it will not help, try to delete whole MyDocs/3D-CoatV48/

But keep backups it there is something important!

If you are referring to 3D coat files or folders in my documents, I don't have any. Also searched through document search and found one xml file and deleted it. No help... I still cannot start 3D Coat and get the same popup "3D coat has stopped working." I am even willing to let anyone or you devs to link to my computer and try on this problem remotely. I really don't get this... please help.

13 minutes ago, Andrew Shpagin said:

So, you have no folder 3D-CoatV48 in MyDocuments?

This may be reason of crash. Possibly 3D-Coat can't create this folder because of some limited permissions of access.

Try to run 3D-Coat as Administrator.

So after re-installing (AS administrator), I found 3D coat folder in OneDrive (stupid Windows 10 thing, which works as mydoc). It only had one xml file called "text." Anyway I copied that and pasted in my document just in case, keeping the original folder and location. Ran as Administrator. Still no use. Goddamn it this is driving me crazy. What is going on?

Solved.

Hey thanks for the help. After I read that 3D coat folder should be in "documents" and seeing my 3D coat folder being in OneDrive folder, I just uninstalled OneDrive and unlinked mydoc from OneDrive. Re installed 3d Coat and good to go. This might happen to some Windows 10 users in the future. Stupid OneDrive... Thanks for keeping up with me. Really appreciate it.

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] 3DCoat just won't start. It's driving me nuts ! One Drive error