3DCoat Forums

3D-Coat renderer won't render rougness properly

Narushima

Hi all. I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing this problem. I've been having it since 4.7. Basically I have a problem with 3d coat refusing to render metal properly, but only in the render room. In the paint room everything looks fine, but when I go into the render room 3d coat decide to give a super dark contrast to even the smallest roughness values.

Example, paint room vs render room.

asd.thumb.png.e8cc06bdde2e5b11a5ce4bbadd96b710.png1.thumb.png.bdae835edba95ce548efe5f97462f689.png

I'm running 3d coat in opengl with a Nvidia 1060.

• Like 1

Yes, it's the latest version (4.8.03), but I've had this problem for a white (since I bought the 1060 and installed the 382 nvidia drivers). I have no visible sculpt layers. In fact, I've deleted all the sculpt object and still didn't see any change.

So I've done some testing and it only happens when I have shadows enabled. But without shadows the render looks flat. Also, if I set roughness to bellow 70 the problem kind of goes away but then the metal doesn't look metal-ish enough.

I've also rendered the model in Unity game engine and it looks pretty much how it does in the paint room.

Btw this happens on all my models that use metal smart materials.

Edited by Narushima
  • Like 1

I can't send the scene because it's too big (close to 2GB).

But I did a test with a simple cube and the steel material that comes with 3d-coat.

Here is the result.3dcoat_render.thumb.png.25396296fbaa8fe87b71f9fd8292926d.png

First image is from the paint room, second from the render room (with default settings).

I've also attached the scene file. Thanks for your help.

rendertest.3b

• Like 1

On 10/18/2017 at 11:14 AM, carrots said:

Narushima
thank you for message.

Try to replace these shaders in the folder 3D Coat is installed
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1SDhIuLdbgtMTBobnRvMTc0STQ

This got rid of the dark and white spots but it made the metal very shiny. It looks more like silver than steel now.

Edited by Narushima