3DCoat Forums

hot to bake textures to high res object

maxt

hello,

I'm following the tutorial below (three parts). It's very well done but misses on one key part: saving. Once I'm done with the job:

- shape cleaned up in sculpt room

- retopologised

- texture repainted in paint room

how do I save the new clean object ? so far I either save the clean mesh with no texture, or I save the clean texture but the resulting mesh mesh is low poly, as per retopology. Which are the steps I'm missing to bake UV maps and textures on the high poly mesh just sculpted ?

thanks

max

Edited by maxt

Hi,

When you finally export, you will have the option of exporting the initial low resolution mesh, or the higher resolution subdivided mesh.

If you wish to export the mesh just as it was when you first imported, always choose to export the low resolution version of the mesh.

More is discussed on this topic in the Import and Export sections of this document.

1 hour ago, Carlosan said:

Hi,

When you finally export, you will have the option of exporting the initial low resolution mesh, or the higher resolution subdivided mesh.

If you wish to export the mesh just as it was when you first imported, always choose to export the low resolution version of the mesh.

More is discussed on this topic in the Import and Export sections of this document.

Ok, thanks