3DCoat Forums

overview on tiny problems after 2 years of 3d-coat

welcomerobots

(on Windows 10)

Overall

1. in a lot of cases when I leave the program window and get back to it there's no cursor at all, I have to click somewere (and screwing something in my viewport - and undo it after).

Retopo room

1. in the retopo room there's a lot of guide-dots and guide lines (points/faces tool, strokes tool) : none of them can be deleted but one by one!!.  there's no global selection tool. you can clear but with the good retopo on that layer and everything good, there's no clear 'guides' tool, and no clear unselected.

2. in the retopo room if you are not in selection mode, you cannot unhide hidden parts, and there's no unhide tool in the quick list also (it is not there then).

3. slide edges would have an option (or modifier key setup) for slide symmetrical on perpendicular surfaces, because in the most of the viewport views it is very hard to slide along faces proportionally.

4. selection type brushes, radial brushes and vector type brushes would have icons pinned above the toolbar to quickchange the 3 totally different types. (now there is one icon) and an option would be good to cycle and store the 3 main types separately, so when you quickchange you could quickchange to the one you use a lot.(now I use hotkeys) and you could see that some cases you can only use one of these types. sometimes these types work totally differently, eg. selection.

5. i use hotkeys to switch between vertex,edge and face selection modes. i use these a lot. the problem is that they work as toggle with auto mode : it is hell of an annoyance and very confusing! it is okay, but I would prefer an option if I can sign dedicated hotkeys too, not just toggle hotkeys.

6. I can change brushsize even if the tool I am using doesn't support brush size. so in a lot of cases when I switch back to brush related tools, my brush size was changed to huge, bigger, than the viewport itself or small as one pixel.

7. using symmetry in retopo room in a lot of cases ends up every retopo faces snapped and disappeared into one of the symmetry planes at random time, and I cannot undo it. and I don't dare to repeat it. (not shure it is an actual bug in the 4.8 version)
8. using snapping to surfaces in retopo room causes that importing retopo objects to the sculpt room ends up some vertices snapping randomly to each other in bigger distances, sometimes to the center of the coordinates.

Sculpt room
1.  tool options should contain 'apply as child' option, sometimes after you position a complex object, you realize, that you have to separate it. (but it is just a tiny thing)
2. reset related options should have some distinguish ui design, to quickly find. (I mean reset axis, reset scale etc...)

Sorry if one of these things are already solved and I cited it, but there are somes that I am just dreadful repeating on one of my works.