3DCoat Forums

Houdini 16.5 Sneak Peek

Nossgrr

• 2 weeks later...
  • Reputable Contributor

Really impressed with the development teams of both SideFX and Blender, lately. I have a Houdini Indie license, but it's been on the shelf for the most part, cause the learning curve is rather steep and using nodes for everything seems a bit more cumbersome and hard to get used to. Will have to get over that mental hurdle, cause it's a great piece of software.

• Advanced Member
On 11/7/2017 at 7:57 PM, AbnRanger said:

Really impressed with the development teams of both SideFX and Blender, lately. I have a Houdini Indie license, but it's been on the shelf for the most part, cause the learning curve is rather steep and using nodes for everything seems a bit more cumbersome and hard to get used to. Will have to get over that mental hurdle, cause it's a great piece of software.

I find it's not the nodes that are formidable so much as the VEX scripts that the modes take on as you dig deeper and deeper into them. I'm no programmer and trying to follow the tiny script in their attribute editor boxes is really hard to follow and even harder to learn.

• 5 weeks later...