3DCoat Forums

Sculpt Room, Mesh with thin parts gets jaggy or damaged after AUTOPO

Alex_3DC

So, it's my first attempt in 3Dcoat today and there are several issues, I can't solve. I would be happy for a comment!

I have some experience in ZBrush, but was curious about voxels und remeshing here. I imported an OBJ from ZBrush and sculpted as an Voxel object, which was working very good so far. But I can't get a usable mesh after some hours of trying and reading tutorials:

First I had a Voxel Object (with 2.8 Mio tris) in the Sculpt Room and the result inside the Retopo Room is unusable on thin mesh parts. (first attached image) Of course I used some strokes to optimize the edge flow.

Then I tried just to export an OBJ from Sculpt room, from a HighPoly surface, but this provided only triangles and a mesh with jaggy edges (despite it didn't look jaggy inside the Sculpt room).

Next I tried with AUTOPO very high settings (no decimation), just to get anything out of 3DC, but 3DC doesn't react anymore, takes ages to calculate... so it doesn't seem the proper way.

Thanks for advice,

Alex

Retopo on thin mesh 3Dcoat.jpg

OBJ opened in other softwares.jpg

third try no reaction.jpg

Hello

Voxel mode is good for Boolean blocking operations.

Try not to exceed 1M per layer.

Voxels are good up to medium detail but really fine detail is where surface mode shines. I will say that it depends upon the model too.

Hi Carlosan,

thanks for reply. In the tutorials is mentioned that voxel is even good for high polycount. And the voxel result looks good.

I just need to know how to get it from voxel to a usable quad surface... In surface mode this object made problems, that's why I wanted to rebuild it with voxels.

• Contributor

Lower your capture details on autopo routine.

Try 20% and 70% and see what works best.

Also try with decimate if above on 

Edited by Michaelgdrs