3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Normal map blending/search for smart materials/older versions?

Bohrium

I've got a couple of questions about functionality that I'm either not aware of (or I guess feature requests if they don't exist).

Is there a way to change how different strokes from normal map painting are blended together?

And by that I mean, the default combination of two strokes will create a double "raised" area in the crossing point like the left image. It would be useful to have different strokes merge the way the right image is (as it does now during a single stroke without releasing the mouse button). 

b4cb7a6a53c154a117bbebe8d7df537d.png

Then is there a way to search through shaders/smart materials/stencils by name?

I've got hundreds of smart materials and it's very difficult to tell them apart just by the icons as you can see here. Would make my workflow much faster if I could just type in "rust" somewhere and get all of the materials with "rust" in the name.

246c7e88e3da653b0b3e236b6a0050f2.png

And finally, is there any way to use an older version of 3d-coat?

I guess I automatically updated to version 4.8 at some point and it broke certain functionality with masked smart materials. I tried searching for, but couldn't find anywhere to download older versions from that I could use while I wait for patches to the latest version.