3DCoat Forums

Painting over does not work

houGenie

• Advanced Member

Hi guys,

I am trying to paint over a place on my model with a brush in blue color. As you see in the picture below the brush does not paint over everything although the opacity is 100 percent for the layer and the layer is the top most one. It seems like the "depth" Information is not overwritten when you paint with the brush.

I have used the "Height adjustment tool" and the "Normal Flatten Tool" but with really poor results. It seems with these tools you cannot draw in the top most layer but must draw in the layers which contain the depth information, which seems really odd. Is there a way to overwrite the depth Information in the top most layer ?

Edit: Seems like the Freeze Tool does not work with the Normal Flatten Tool, is this correct ?

Thank you very much!

Unbenannt.PNG

Edited by houGenie

• Advanced Member
27 minutes ago, Carlosan said:

Are you testing combinations of Depth Blend modes and Normal channel options for this task ?

Blend Modes.jpg

Max.jpg

Yes, I  have tried the different modi, but none was sufficient. I mean, add, subtract or magnify are all not correct for this case. You need something like reset depth to zero or smooth it even. The Normal Flatten Tool does this, as I see it, but not always perfect.

Edit: Found a mode which works good. Set the blending mode "Suppress Depth" and use the Normal Flatten Tool. Most of the uneven edge goes then away.

Edited by houGenie
  • Like 2