3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Improve pinch brushes

JanvierPichon

I was sculpting (3d coat 4.8.0.6, tested on 4.8.0.3 aswell same result) and realized the pinch brush was really not acting like I expected, I checked the wireframe and quickly understood, there was no pinching to the pinch brush :). Don't know if this is a mislabelled brush or if it's a bug, bug you expect pinching to happen when using the pinch brush (and it's one of the most important type of brush in 3d sculpting) it was carving but not pinching at all, it's like something wasn't there and as I said, checking the wireframe it was obvious, the pinching was not happening. Hope it help.

• Reputable Contributor

Generally the voxel pinch brush pulls too much material. I use it but only for some things. 

Another Method if you do not want to leave voxel mode is below.

Surface mode brushes that are available in Voxel mode. Left tool panel. 

Pinch brush, This brush will locally turn the area that you are sculpting into surface mode. Once done pinching press the enter key to have this area voxelized.

You must have enough voxel resolution to keep the pinch looking good or at least to establish where your pinching is located.

I use the above to establish my pinching areas, it does a good job with enough voxel resolution. I leave the fine tuning of the pinch areas once I go to surface mode. 

I also have created my own preset pinch brush with my own settings. 

The example is quickly done using the above method and not shown for quality. Pinching was voxelized.

Capture.JPG

Edited by digman
added info

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] Improve pinch brushes