3DCoat Forums

smart UV unwrapping?

kev00

Hi,

I know this probably a total newb question, but how do I get 3d coat to automatically uv unwrap a mesh?

I'm trying to understand the workflow required to take a model from voxel, painting, retopo, and uv unwrapping.

I have a voxel sculpt that is painted.   I've also have a mesh in the repto screen completed.   

How do I get 3d coat to automatically unwrap the mesh correctly?   The unwrapped texture it creates is all smudged together in a corner of the texture.

Do I have to create seams manually?   

I tried to figure it out for a while, but I couldn't find a solution.  At this point, I've exported the retopo mesh to blender to smart uv unwrap it.   Hopefully, I can re-import it. 

• Advanced Member

in the retopo room      retopo   completed  on left towards bottom you will see Commands Tab click/open that   AUTO Seams   then Unwrap.    I would mark the seams yourself for a better outcome. then unwrap.

edit :   in same retopo room 1st click on   UV>    Mark Seam    This then give more options in the Command  List..

Edited by Ballistic_Tension