3DCoat Forums

Akeytsu 40% off I rig my 3DCoat characters with this

photosw

• Reputable Contributor

I've been learning Akeytsu over the last few days.

Main focus is getting your rig up and running quickly, Developers stated the software is geared toward game model rigging and animation.  

Akeytsu uses Quaternion interpolation and not Euler. No tangent handles for your rotational values in the curve editor but no gimbal lock either. 

I am enjoying the software, once you wrap your head around their method it is very fast. One thing I really like is that the software is just for rigging and animation, nothing else...

The sale is on to Jan 4, 2018 so grab a trial version and give it a whirl.

• Like 1

• Contributor

I recommend the software as well , in fact with 3D Coat and Akeytsu you are done with full character pipeline.

I have one tutorial on my gumroad page  that covers everything the very easy way!!!

There you go https://gumroad.com/products/ALXXM

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Contributor
On 31/12/2017 at 11:10 AM, Thirsty Panther said:

What export settings do you guys use for Akeytsu?

I've tried 3D max and maya.

The model imports fine but no textures :( 

P.S. @ MichaelGDRS recently bought some of your smart materials. Excellent work.

Many thanks for the support @Thirsty Panther

@ajz3d Say some ;) Houdini , Maya LT , Modo ???

• Reputable Contributor
On 12/31/2017 at 3:10 AM, Thirsty Panther said:

What export settings do you guys use for Akeytsu?

I've tried 3D max and maya.

The model imports fine but no textures :( 

P.S. @ MichaelGDRS recently bought some of your smart materials. Excellent work.

If you want textures to show in akeytsu, you must make sure in your exported fbx file that "embed media" is selected. This will increase the file size. 

After doing your work in akeytsu, you can choose not to embed the textures upon export. That is under preferences. keep the file size smaller and add your textures in your game or rendering package.

• Like 1

• Reputable Contributor
14 hours ago, ajz3d said:

$179 for a rigging and animation package? Annually?

I'm sorry, but I know of much more lucrative deals.

I agree. AutoRigPro for Blender is roughly $40 and Houdini Indie has a sweet Auto-rig, including work on a facial Auto-rig started in 16.5. Would rather put my money into that, and get a lot more

• Contributor
On 1/1/2018 at 6:26 PM, Michaelgdrs said:

@ajz3d Say some ;) Houdini (...)

Well yes Michael, Houdini Indie for instance. I didn't want to sound like Ebenezer Scrooge, but I couldn't stop myself from making this observation.

Price aside, a couple months ago I went through Akeytsu's trial and I found the tools to be very neat and streamlined, so I fully understand why people like the program because the experience while rigging and animating in it felt kind of Zen-like. I do prefer a more technical approach though.

• Contributor

I agree with both of you David and Arthur. 

P.S Nvil kicks some serious @ss by the way!!! So glad you send me that message. 

Edited by Michaelgdrs