3DCoat Forums

Sculpting with pen/stylus doesn't work

cicerone

Hi,

I have an HP Spectre 15" with an active digitizer screen (similar to Surface Pro, using N-trig rather than Wacom technology). The pen simply doesn't work at all with sculpt tools. In 3DC Printing, it just acts a left mouse click but doesn't apply the brush. Rather, it just rotates the screen as if the object wasn't there. Any clues?

It did previously work in 3D Coat proper. It also works fine in ZBrush and other programs. Are there drivers I need?

Thanks,

Brian

In the latest versions of the 3DC betas. There's an option to choose TabletPC or WinTab under Preferences > General. Trying TabletPC should fix the problem. I've only just started testing this myself using my HP Envy x360. So far the pen is working. I'm just trying to figure out panning worth the touch screen.

@philnolan3d Thx it seems to be working now! However, I noticed there's not an official beta thread so I just went to the regular download page and got 1.1.09 which has that preference. Also, I was on the official paid version at it was stuck at 1.1.05 even when I manually queried for updates. In other words, their update script at this url doesn't seem to trigger: https://3dcoat.com/download/check-for-updates/?ver=3DC-printing v1.1.05;os=WIN