3DCoat Forums

KBP 3D Coat Beginners stream

Hello all.  I've been running a youtube stream which is for entry level users, and I invite you all to drop by at 7.00pm GMT on Friday 5th Jan 2018 if you want to ask about what I'm doing.  Or help me do what I'm doing (you know what 3d Coat can be like sometimes lol).

The modelling is in parts 1 & 2, this coming stream is part 3.  I am making a coffin (as you do) and this stream deals with retopo, UVs and painting the models.

Cheers

Ron.

• Like 1

Thanks AbnRanger.  The next stream will be on Monday the 8th Jan 2018 at 7.00 pm GMT

This 4th (and probably final) stream will be about UV unwrapping and painting, since the modelling and retopo have now been done.  Thanks to 3D Coat Training who joined on the chat for the 3rd session and posted some excellent tips and advice to supplement my less-than-complete knowledge of the program :)

• Reputable Contributor
9 hours ago, Ziggy72 said:

Coffin%20Demo%20End%20of%20Part%205_zps8

Final result - still a little rough around the edges, but I'll do some tidy up on the texture edges and paint the trim something better before I upload it.

Cool. I think using the same smart material from the handles, would look great on the trim pieces (that are currently white).

Yeah AbnRanger, it definitely needs some love :)  The streams were taking too long so I cut some corners to get it done quicker, it will look better once I tart it up a bit.  And remember, this is for the Unreal 3 engine, so no PBR or any metalness or anything.  I will do a full on PBR version of it to test with iclone (and put some hinges on it and make it animated).

• Like 1

If you have Hitfilm Express (or Pro) and are not really sure what to do with it at the fundamental level of 'how is this helping?' then watch this. I will show, using several examples, how you can take any footage and make it better, regardless of source, with relatively little effort on your end.

This stream will happen on Tuesday the 16th Jan at 7.00pm GMT, and will last about an hour, maybe more (depending on any topics you might want to discuss).

Edited by Ziggy72
  • Like 1