3DCoat Forums

Text tool (Voxel or surface) produces nothing or just a sculpted line

Andy C

on version 4.8.03 I've got an issue (see pic - applying the text just resulted in the line) wherein text won't appear.  If it applies at all, it applies as if it were just a click and drag with a sculpt tool.  I 'solved' it once by deleting my 3d coat user files, but it's just recurred a few days later.   I wonder if anyone else encountered/fixed this?  I saw mention of something similar in the forum but that said it was fixed early in v4 life cycle. 

3dcoat_text_issue.png

Thanks for replying.  yes, I'm puzzled.   It works 'out of the box' but something in user settings after a while, stops it working.  I've tried most of the settings in the text dialogue with same non result.  For completeness I'll mention that voxel text in empty space simply doesn't 'apply' (i.e. it doesn't appear).  My inner geek wonders if there's a logging feature that can be turned on in 3d coat.   I will try 4.08.7 (seems to be latest Beta I believe) for a bit  and see if it happens again. 

I've just had similar problems with curves - the green/red balls don't appear.  I renamed parts of user profile data (documents\3d-coatv48\) to test, and found renaming toolspresets (so the software recreates it) fixed curves issue.  I guess would fix the above as well, but can't test at the moment.  sharing as it's better than renaming whole user profile.