3DCoat Forums

3D-Coat Modding Tool

Carlosan

The team behind 3D-Coat have released a special application for modding weapons from Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.

The program offers a powerful toolset for quality drawing and rendering, creating a whole set of files for the game client, which in turn allows you to instantly open the models in the CS:GO workshop.

Contact the developers behind the program at resell@3dcoat.com

• Like 1

• Carlosan changed the title to 3D-Coat Modding Tool

http://store.steampowered.com/app/776920/3DCoat_Modding_Tool/

Check out this special edition of 3D-Coat for modding in-game items, such as weapon skins and more. At this moment we’ve
implemented support for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive only, but expect support for modding
World of Tanks vehicles and other games soon.

The application enables fast downloading of archives from the game client into the program
distributive and unpacking the weapon model files. Create your own textures or apply
ready-made ones onto the weapon models. Bump technology, i.e. creating surface relief
imitation, is featured among the program's tools.

We have been able to simplify the process of creating weapon skins as much as it’s possible.
Now you do not need to install a bunch of various software to work with one model. All the
processes starting from loading the model and up to designing and publishing it into Steam
workshop can be done with 3D-Coat only. Watch the trailer above to get familiar with the program's features
and the process of publishing the ready-made files into Workshop_Workbench.

• 3 weeks later...

3DCoat Modding Tool is Available on Steam!

Hooray, we got 3DCoat Modding Tool out on Steam now! 

We hope it will come very handy for your skins creations. Let us know what you think of it so far. We need your feedback on how the tools perform and whether you are happy with 3DCoat Modding Tool overall. 
Also, make sure to leave your comments as to which other games you'd like to see supported in our modding tool! 

• 1 month later...

We have finalized our work on implementing support for in-game item skinning with the 3DCoat Modding Tool available on . Find the details here:

DZpUZSCXcAAwniV.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Check out the 3D-Coat Modding Tool on Steam - http://store.steampowered.com/app/776...

We are happy to announce the work on integrating the Rust support in 3DCoat Modding Tool has been finalized! Download the 10-day demo for free to test it or buy the release version of 3DCoat Modding Tool to start creating your own skins of Rust's in-game items now.

Just the same way it already works with CS:GO, in case of Rust we have simplified the skin creation experience for you as much as possible.

We have automated the importing of in-game models with all the related parts, layers and textures into the 3DCoat editor, assembling a proper scene - so all you need to do is just design a skin and press the export button to get it properly packed and ready for Steam Workshop.

• Advanced Member

I think modding tools are great, anything to get people making stuff in an easy to use fashion is always good, but... and I mean no disrespect, but these videos you put out on the official channel are just awful for marketing purposes. The two-part navigation video should speak for itself, you shouldn't need to split basic navigation into two videos. The development here does not lend itself well to growth. If it takes two videos to explain orbiting, panning and zooming, how are you ever going to show something that will actually get peoples attention?

The text on-screen instead of talking is really hurting these videos. For a trailer, fair enough, but for anything even remotely educational you've got to get out of the past. Your target audience isn't likely to sit through 5+ minutes of "how to press the left and right mouse buttons to change the viewport" while deeply atmospheric music plays in the background and text pops up in different places.

This is of course just my opinion.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Does the modding tool have a layer limit or any limitations when compared to the full paint room of 3D Coat (smart materials, stencils, alpha brushes, occlusion/normal map baking, etc)? Also do people who own the full version have the ability to easily load/extract (whatever the modding tool does) game models for skinning/modding?

I would be interested in buying this just for a bit of fun and the ease of use sells really well for me, the quicker I can get game models loaded and ready to texture/mod without any fuss the better :D

Edited by ScrotieFlapWack