arumiat

• Advanced Member

Hi guys,
I have a workflow like this sometimes

- high res sculpt in sculpt room

- clone high res and decimate to a low res model

- export low res model

- go into retopo room and import low res model as my retopo object

I'll often do this for multiple objects. Normally they come into the retopo room with the same location (transform) & scale i.e. positioned perfectly

Other times however they come in at a tiny scale, and I have to manually try to scale them up and position them overlying the high-res mesh, which usually I can't do very well.

Any settings I can use prior to exporting the low poly or importing the low poly to ensure it uses the same transform and scale on import?

Thanks in advance,
T

• Reputable Contributor

Newer versions of 3DC have retopo by decimation under the voxel model’s layer tab. For now you have to set your scene scale to “1” for the decimated retopo mesh to be the same size as your sculpt object. Not sure if this a bug or how it works. I will post in the forum later about it.  Now there is no need to export your decimated mesh out of 3DC and re-import for your retopo mesh. :D

Edited by digman

• Advanced Member

I've encountered this problem in the past as well.... It was a bit of a head scratcher...... Never figured out what the issue was....until reading this... :)