3DCoat Forums

Truespace 7.6 for free

zerebrush

Hi,

good news for anybody on a budget: Microsoft purchased Truespace (Caligari).

Now, where's the "good" news about that, some might ask. Well, not being overly fond of Crimosoft myself - Truespace is free to get for everybody!

Not stopping at that, if you visit the Caligari site, you can also go and grab every video tutorial - old and new - for free, too. Over one DVD worth of zipped tutorials.

Have fun....

Hi,

good news for anybody on a budget: Microsoft purchased Truespace (Caligari).

Now, where's the "good" news about that, some might ask. Well, not being overly fond of Crimosoft myself - Truespace is free to get for everybody!

Not stopping at that, if you visit the Caligari site, you can also go and grab every video tutorial - old and new - for free, too. Over one DVD worth of zipped tutorials.

Have fun....

Thanks for posting, but that news is several months old! :-)

• Advanced Member
Thanks for posting, but that news is several months old! :-)

I grabbed TS soon after the 'grab it now' frenzy and was impressed at some of the features it offered, but quite turned off on some 'usability' factors. (NOT meaning to spark a debate!)

I've set it aside for a rainy day, I'm quite fascinated by some of the "AI" type features to do with the scripting, flocking & others neat little things I saw were quite unique. It seems to have a very fast output & near real-time render ability, plus throw in some advanced 'logic' you could setup a fun little "let these guys animate themselves" style scene.

• 3 months later...
Truespace 7.6 has been discontinued so if you want a copy better grab it now from http://www.caligari.com/

to read the bad news http://www.caligari.com/News/news_200905/L...TheFounder.html

I was using Truespace around the 6.0 era and to be honest at that stage it was a resource hog, it could have also been my inexperience with 3D, i really hope MC does something with it, and perhaps 7.6 is more refined. Good for those hobbyists on tight budgets but there are alot of other options out there imo.

And just before i get flames like last time, !it is my opinion!

• Advanced Member

some comments at newtek with how some people were turned off by its interface. http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.ph...ed=1#post886404

"too many icons to remember, all scattered all around the interface borders" and "horrible cluttered icons"

so 3dc could be doing well on this part keeping it simple, organized and professional looking.