3DCoat Forums

Area smooth with retopology surface

3DCNC

• Advanced Member

Sorry to post here -again . Could not find a way to post in feature requests. Was watching video below  again.

Its a pity a subdivided  re-topology surface information cant be projected onto the voxel/surface  mesh to help smooth the surface in real time. "Area smooth" rather than brush smooth  Hope you understand what I am thinking . Using a brush to smooth the surface wont give you a polished car body surface. I have a scanned mesh I need to clean and make beautiful. I posted an idea of a smooth "cage" but this might be easier to implement. maybe it already possible?

Screenshot_1.jpg

• Advanced Member

There are workarounds...

You can do a retopo, then merge the retopo mesh into the sculpt room using the import tool.  Prior to stamping the mesh into the sculpt room, you can subdivide a few times which will smooth things out.

You might need to remove some of your voxel sculpt and bring in the retopo sculpt in on a different layer to keep your forms clean.

• Like 1