3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Extrude Tool bahaves weird in Voxel mode

jaros

Hi,

i'm a new to 3d coat and just trying things out with version 4.8.10. I was following a tutorial whre a guy used the extrude voxel tool in voxel mode to paint some rough details into his voxel object. Unfortunately the extrude tool stops working with any "freehand" stroke mode when i subdivide the voxel object (by pressing Res+). It works however with the rectangular, circle, lasso etc ...

You can test this:

1) Start a new Voxel scene with the small sphere. Choose the Extrude tool (Voxel tools). Take the first stroke mode on the stoke mode panel. Paint over the sphere. It works!

2) Subdivide the sphere by pressing the Res+ button. Try to paint with the Extrude tool with any "freehand" stroke mode again (any on the left side until square lasso). Its not working anymore...

I found a workaround for the simple voxel sphere scene: you have to increase the object size in the voxtree...then the extrude tool starts to work again...

But it seems like a bug to me cause all other voxel tools work fine after subdivision.

Anyone got the same behavior!

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] Extrude Tool bahaves weird in Voxel mode