3DCoat Forums

change mesh thumbnail?

TLE

• Advanced Member

how can i change the mesh thumbnails in object tab as well as in curves mesh? 3dcoat created a thumbnail automatically when I import drop the mesh obj in the object folder and spline folder but the thumbnail faces in the angle that I can't see the mesh detail. How can i change the thumbnail? Any help? Thanks

• Reputable Contributor
40 minutes ago, TLE said:

how can i change the mesh thumbnails in object tab as well as in curves mesh? 3dcoat created a thumbnail automatically when I import drop the mesh obj in the object folder and spline folder but the thumbnail faces in the angle that I can't see the mesh detail. How can i change the thumbnail? Any help? Thanks

Try this.

Create a new Models Folder.

Be in Front view. Maybe not necessary but to be safe.

Drag the sculpt layer or import your model into the models tab. 

This works for me and hopefully for you. 

It is possible that the first model dropped into a folder creates the camera direction but that is only a guess. You will always get an angled view.

Edited by digman

• Reputable Contributor
14 hours ago, TLE said:

Transform tool > Rotate Y axis 180 degrees > drag and drop the layer into the pallet again and it should reflect the change. Rotate it back after the thumbnail is created. The camera angle looks down the Z axis (cannot remember which end). I wish Andrew would let us change the axis or take it from the viewport camera.