3DCoat Forums

Users, @Andrew Shpagin and developers of 3D-Coat .... Being sincere ... What do you think?

Rygaard

You are using the wrong tool, that's why it's hard for you to get the desired results. To close holes you must use the tool Adjust > Fill Holes.

Geometry > Close Holes it is used to fill micro holes when we rebuild scans and some faces are lost.

I do not think that it is within the development agenda to convert 3dcoat sculpture program into another type of 3D solution, for that there are other programs like you have mentioned. 3dcoat is not going to become the copy of other software, it does not make sense. It is a type of own beast that deserves time to be thoroughly known so that it yields its fruits.

FillHoles.jpg

• Contributor
6 hours ago, Carlosan said:

I do not think that it is within the development agenda to convert 3dcoat sculpture program into another type of 3D solution, for that there are other programs like you have mentioned. 3dcoat is not going to become the copy of other software, it does not make sense. It is a type of own beast that deserves time to be thoroughly known so that it yields its fruits.

I know the functionality of Fill Holes. Thank you for the tips. :)

I think you completely misunderstood what I'd like to say or maybe it was my fault that I did not explain my suggestion better.
At no time am I disrespecting the 3D-Coat program.
3D-Coat has its own essence, strength, particularity, unique tools and features and several qualities that made me buy it and make it my main program.

At no time, in my last suggestion (Enter key) to recreate a new mesh in surface mode through a functionality that even exists inside the 3D-Coat itself, as far as I know I have not mentioned any other type of 3d program and in no time I told 3D-Coat to become a copy of another program! If that was the case, I would not have bought 3D-Coat but another program!

If you completely misunderstood what I meant, I apologize for not expressing myself more comprehensively, but if you understood what I meant, please, don't get me wrong, but you need not have said what you said to me in your last paragraph. Please, with all my respect, do not put words I did not say in my sentences.

When we suggest something, it is not to be a copy but rather to try to get the idea of a tool or functionality working so that the developers can better understand, in a more precise way what their users are trying to suggest to improve even more the 3D-Coat.
We know that many tools or functions that already existed in 3D-Coat now exist in other programs in a modified way.

You yourself, please correct me if I am wrong, when at some point you suggested something, I believe you have already seen this tool or function in some other 3d program and in my opinion I do not see anything wrong with this .
If you realize something positive why not develop with your own particular this function within 3D-Coat?
What is wrong with it?
So will 3D-Coat stop developing features and tools? Because, nowadays, most things already exist!

What do you tell me about Sculpt Layers?
How long have 3d-coat users dreamed and asked Andrew to implement this functionality within the 3d-coat that already existed in other programs?
I am very happy that Andrew, after a long time, has implemented Sculpt Layers, but he will develop in his way, according to 3D-coat, in a unique and particular way this functionality!

Sculpt Layers developed by Andrew is different from the Sculpt Layers that already exist in other 3d programs, we can realize that Andrew is pioneering and revolutionizing Sculpt Layers!
Andrew got Sculpt Layers to accept the mesh being dynamically tessellated, with Live Clay and Remove Stretching Brushes that even in the other 3d programs until the moment I know, this is not possible.
And Andrew is adding many features that will be unique within the 3d-coat for our Sculpt Layers. I think that's great!
Now, you wonder if Andrew thought, "I'm not going to make this feature or tool because it already exists in another program." What would it be like to have such a thought? Would he stop developing?
Andrew would not go crazy to be able to develop unique things (as I said most things are already created)?
Andrew would not listen to its users that is only intended to help improve 3d-coat?

I think the positive things that facilitate the life of the artist in his creation and productivity will be and always will be welcome.
Why not improve 3D-Coat with things that already exist? But being developed in its own way, unique and even better than it already exists? In my opinion, I do not see anything wrong with that!
I love 3D-Coat, but we have to recognize that other 3d programs also have great tools.

As I already said, please do not get me wrong, but I need to have said that I did not intend to turn 3d-coat into a CTRL + C program from other 3d programs. Please, once again do not put words I did not say.

the 3d-coat will continue to be its own animal, will continue reaping its fruits, even implementing functions and improving them in a unique and own way that already exist in other 3d programs.

In my opinion, 3D-Coat, in the stage that is, is already known and deserves all the recognition by the program that is. I really admire the work of Andrew and his developers!

I'm just trying to help! ;)

• Contributor
25 minutes ago, Carlosan said:

The development team is creating the new generation of 3dcoat, version 5.

As the plan is to release this new version this year many of our suggestions will become obsolete in a short time.

What a good news! I'm glad of it. Thanks for letting us know that version 5 can still go out this year!
I'm already wondering what awaits us in this new generation of 3D-Coat!  :)

I hope from my heart that all our suggestions do not become obsolete.
I was even a bit scared of this, because our suggestions are important and essential features and tools during the development of a project!
It would be like 3D-Coat to become a king-kong! In the good sense! ;)
I know 3d-coat is already a giant, but it would look even better.

It may be that in version 5 there will be tools and features even better than the tools we suggest! This is my hope ...

• Contributor

I do not understand much about programming or development of a 3d program. But would not it be a good thing if 3d-coat accepted python programming?
I see fantastic things happening in Blender because programmers use python.

Please, my friends, correct me if I am saying something wrong ...

But many amazing tools could not be developed by the python language as it happens in Blender?
Would not it be something to be thought of for the 3d-coat?
python would be good or bad for 3d-coat? Would that make Andrew's life easier?
I would greatly appreciate hearing more about it.
Thank you very much