3DCoat Forums

Cut create mesh insteat cutting mesh

Dmitry Bedrik

• Reputable Contributor

Beta version: 4.8.15

I can confirm this random bug... It does not always happen but does happen at times. 

This is not an old bug but one that has been recently introduced in the betas. 

@Sorda.

I would send the file if you have saved it to 3DC support. 

In 3DC under the Help Menu scroll down to send file to support. Describe the problem in your report.

• Advanced Member

I guess this is somehow related to the size of the brush. At me any strange bug turns out when I try to cut something, at me the brush increases to huge sizes and all brakes. Moreover, reducing the brush with the PCM does not work. Then I move into the drawing room and back to the voxel room. This is something strange, but if you reduce the size of the brush (even when I have a selection of the cut out area of the curve) to too small, then creating a mesh instead of cutting out the mesh.

• Reputable Contributor

I am using the cut off tool.

I atm can not re-create the bug... Change brush sizes, cut off small chucks and large. Changed type of splines.  Changed scene scale. I do know it is a bug as it happened to me as well just not sure what causes it.

Can you share your file with me... The one that has the problem to test if possible. np if you can not. 

Pm with a link if you so desire too.