3DCoat Forums

3D Coat to Maxwell

parel

• Advanced Member

I was just curious if anyone has had luck with this. I textured this in 3D Coat and was wondering if anyone has gone directly from 3dcoat to Maxwell or if you have to translate it through an app like Blender or Cinema4D

post-1284-1239817015_thumb.jpg

I was just curious if anyone has had luck with this. I textured this in 3D Coat and was wondering if anyone has gone directly from 3dcoat to Maxwell or if you have to translate it through an app like Blender or Cinema4D

3DC exports various file formats, .LWO, .Obj etc...

Maxwell comes with a plugin for 3D host applications, or can be used as a standalone package. So you could take a .obj from 3DC and use it Maxwell Studio to do lighting, camera etc, and then have a full Maxwell Render. Blender doesn't connect to Maxwell, Sketchup is likely the cheapest software with a plugin for it.

I would download and try the demo, as it will give you an idea of how the pipeline workflow would work for you. I use it via LW and Houdini, but the Standalone Studio is good enough to get a decent render. (Being an Unbiased Renderer, beware the LONG rendertimes)