3DCoat Forums

Parel WIPs

parel

• Advanced Member

Nice work!

I have a suggestion for color picking:

Don't use (0,0,0) as diffuse black, you won't get good shading result with it (will always be zero).

It will be better picking dark gray as "black" , try it. :)

akira.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Texturing an orange. I would like to simulate them falling into water. So I tried to do a cloth simulation. It doesnt look that great. I think that I will have to manually sculpt the water. Also intersting bug happened twice. It would be cool if I knew how to do that on purpose:) because it looks pretty cool.

post-1284-1242905054_thumb.jpg

post-1284-1242905075_thumb.jpg

post-1284-1242905150_thumb.jpg

• Contributor

Parel, I don't know if your doing this all in voxel mode but I have used cloth to simulate water as well.You will have to do some manual sculpting to get the look you want, but it works.If you are using voxel shaders to color the water you can try the cook torrance shader and play with the settings there.Don't forget to use opacity.You may need to make a custom shader though.Of course if your merging to paint mode just disregard the part on shaders. :pardon:

• Advanced Member
Texturing an orange. I would like to simulate them falling into water. So I tried to do a cloth simulation. It doesnt look that great. I think that I will have to manually sculpt the water.

You could use blender, and it's built in fluid sim. It would be perfect for this purpose, and you could import the simulated frame as an obj into 3d coat voxel mode.

Manual-Part-X-fluidsim-example2.jpg

The manual can be found here:

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:Manual/Physics/Fluids

A tutorial:

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/...tion/Tutorial_1

If you need help figuring anything out, just ask me and i'll help you.

• Advanced Member

tree- I did it in Voxels, so I might do a sculpt of this manually.

Psyborgue- thanks for the link. That will be my second line of attack. I have to admit that I am a little intimidated by the Blender, so I appreciate the offer of help.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

I started a manual voxel sculpt of the water- splash of three oranges. Does anyone know the best way that I can copy the outer surface and give it thickness? I am thinking somewhat like z-brush sub-tools for clothes.

post-1284-1243745738_thumb.jpg

• Advanced Member
I started a manual voxel sculpt of the water- splash of three oranges. Does anyone know the best way that I can copy the outer surface and give it thickness? I am thinking somewhat like z-brush sub-tools for clothes.

Hi parel,

you find a pretty powerful "shell" tool in the context menu of each volume.

Search for "Extract Skin" and read the tooltips. I see that you want to shell

to the outside but maybe this still gets you started.

Another option is of course using the retopo-toolset.

• 1 year later...