3DCoat Forums

Last check before V3 release

• Advanced Member

I installed this latest release and entered my serialnumber and each time i startup 3DC it asks me to enter the serial again and again, it's a neverending loop. Does this release require a new serialnumber ? as it looks like the old one from 2.x is no longer working.

/ Magnus

• Advanced Member
I installed this latest release and entered my serialnumber and each time i startup 3DC it asks me to enter the serial again and again, it's a neverending loop. Does this release require a new serialnumber ? as it looks like the old one from 2.x is no longer working.

This happening to me too. I guess because its nearly final RC.

Yes that is because of the final version is soon launching, and accepts the new serials. I had this happen too. The new version is tomorrow and the v2 codes will not obviously work with v3. ;)

• Advanced Member
Updated to 3.00.05

Changes:

- Manual updated (but not 100% final)

- Render improvements: DOF will be applied to DP objects as well, correct rendering to TGA with alpha channel, "Show images folder" button and "Hide guides" button to hide grids and different guides

- Fixed: in Incremental rendering mode other objects then current was updated incorrectly while drawing (reported by adrian)

- Fixed custom navigation bug (random falling to default scheme reported by Frankie)

- I have made gizmo in transform tool to be the almost same as in cube primitive (slightly improved, because functionality is different)

- Slighly altered primitives tool to avoid artefacts in pose tool.

- Fixed: crash when depth is 0 in rapid brush

-Topological symmetry will work well in DP mode with triangles too (but only when triangles are rare)

-Layers masking by other layer works correctly in DP mode

(for translators - there is several new lines of text, database on site updated too)

Tomorrow - release!

Congrats Andrew. You deserve a huge round of applause for all the hard work, diligence and patience in dealing with all the bug reports that came streaming in. Also for really listening to we users; I mean how often do you get a chance to make a difference to how an application turns out. I for one really appreciate this.

This release is so packed with features that I'm still discovering new things e.g. Copy and Paste parts of a surface - genius.. just the other day I was thinking about the easiest way to make new Pens/Brushes. Lo and behold it's already in :)

3DC is what I've always hoped for since the 1st time I broke my brain trying to UVmap an organic object in 3dStudio Max R3 (horrendous) and paint a texture in Photoshop without distortion. You've made my life so much easier :D

Cheers

p.s. Having said that I've not tried the latest releae yet :P

An unbelievable effort from Andrew in getting this out. I feel guilty as I haven't had time to take part in the beta testing but I have been enjoying using the application and watching the progress.

Congratulations Andrew! You have a wonderful product here and I'm heading over to the pre-order page as soon as I get home from the office!

• Advanced Member

Ow i see now, so the serials change for version 3. Damn.. unfortuntaly i'm broke now so i cannot afford the upgrade. :( any clue if the upgrade price is only valid for a limited time or if we who have 2.x can upgrade at a later time for the same cost ? or do we have to buy it at double the price later on ?

/ Magnus

• Advanced Member

Voxel sculpting doesn't work anymore on my machine. It worked the first time I installed 3.00.05 cuda 32 bit. But now when I open up either DX or GL version and start with a sphere the surface disapears as I paint on it. Also it crashes now, says it's running out of memory.

• Advanced Member
Voxel sculpting doesn't work anymore on my machine. It worked the first time I installed 3.00.05 cuda 32 bit. But now when I open up either DX or GL version and start with a sphere the surface disapears as I paint on it. Also it crashes now, says it's running out of memory.

Try to delete Options.xml and see if this will help.

• Advanced Member

Hi, if you are importing the sphere into Voxels it will disappear unless you select "ENTER"(PC) or "RETURN" (Mac) after importing it.

• Advanced Member

Also one more BUG

1. Voxel sculpt > Retopology > Unwrap > Merge into Scene (Per Pixel) > Cancel Merge > Crash.

Very repeatable.

Edit: Just realised this is in the wrong thread. Will submit in the Bug Squash Thread. sorry

I think it's officially released later today . :P

It went on sale last Monday though.

From Andrew on Twitter about 2 hours ago: "All packages are on server. Waiting for final webpages."

Thanks :yahoo: ... I guess I'll just sit by my PC and wait :search:

Hi all, new member here from Italy.

Have been testing 3DC since I discovered it a week ago, and to me it's a GREAT app and i'm really thinking about purchasing it.

That said, I have an issue with the voxel window: the window doesn't show any grid and, worst of all, the mesh is invisible, but in the render window it will show, and if I modify it with any of the voxel brushes, the changes appear in the render window.... I tried every possible combination: merge an object, add primitives, ecc.

This problem showed some hours ago, and I thought it was because I was using release .86, but it continued with version .05 (the Mac version) that I'm currently using!

I'm not sure this is a bug and hope to have been clear enough, despite my bad english.

Thanks in advance to everyone that kindly can help me!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No more problems, V3 has been released and right now I am enjoing the application... Beautiful!!! Thanks to Andrew Shpagin for his great work!

errr.. one last problem: say it to my wife before I purchase or... after??

------------------------

MacBookPro rev1 2gig ram

ATI,RadeonX1600

I have found some issues with the workflow that is enoying:

There is a big difference between voxel-merging in geometry from the topology versus directly in from .obj file. The positioning is totally different. Importing geometry in toplogy will regard the pivot point from the model. Mergin in different parts of a model into voxel layers from the topology will place the geometry in the right location in space.

If one merge .obj directly into a voxel layer it places the pivot point in the center of the geometry, and importing different part of a mesh this why will have the geometry overlap and one will manually have to compensate for this with tedious translations.

Also. Merging geometry from .obj directly also imports everything in that file into the same layer it would be much nicer if every sub mesh in the.obj was imported into separate layers automatically so before importing today one have to split the sub mesh into separate .obj files in some other 3d app and import them independently from each outer through the topology path described above very tedious and boring labor this is. I hope the workflow will be improved in the final release.

Sheers! Love your work.

P.S Oki, I tried 3.00.05 & 3.00.07 (both in demo mode as it is not remembering my old serial even if I get a confirmation it was approved it hangs, and asks for the serial on every restart... strange - first post in this thread state you should use your old serial). Is this normal?

• Advanced Member
P.S Oki, I tried 3.00.05 & 3.00.07 (both in demo mode as it is not remembering my old serial even if I get a confirmation it was approved it hangs, and asks for the serial on every restart... strange - first post in this thread state you should use your old serial). Is this normal?

http://www.3d-coat.com/forum/index.php?s=&...ost&p=21043