3DCoat Forums

Dimsane's volumetrics

Dimsane

Hey all !

I am actually trying to do some scuplt with the voxel tool. So, here you can seen result of these experiments.

First of all, a fat guy head, do as quick as I can;

588ee9d6fa2e53b0c4f37a57e3b9a.jpg

And the second, a dragon head created from sphere. This one is not finished yet. Thats not a speed scuplting like the first one, I want to do something cool. Probably a complete work with diffuse/normal/spec map.

9865d2bc1f15413bff3ee49e87fec.jpg

I will post later to show evolution of it, and other voxel works

one more time, excuse my poor english :P

Wow, your sculpting work is remarkable, Dimsane! These samples demonstrate a natural representation of heft and delicate surface tension.

Given your skill and aesthetic sensibility, I bet you're able to clearly envision the completed sculpture mentally before even starting a project. Which could help explain how you're so fast!

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, long time without posting :p; was so busy x). I just buy the upgrade to version 3.0, so I dicided to make a little new head in voxel. It's just a beginning. I have to finish some others work too :p .

a07396a8f53803ff2a4939c8bbec8.jpg

See you in a few hours!

• 4 months later...

Hi everyone,

here my new sculpting that I'd like to finished.. =D

17f6054d6a6ee1ae64af50f8629c8.jpg

My first idea was a stylized centaur-like statue without arm and average angle. But as you can see that take an other way... I don't know if I will work on a complete armor or just let a little "lion head" mask (coppery) with a nude body. I don't think that a armored statue will look good.

(sry about my poor English, again)

• Contributor

Hi everyone,

here my new sculpting that I'd like to finished.. =D

17f6054d6a6ee1ae64af50f8629c8.jpg

My first idea was a stylized centaur-like statue without arm and average angle. But as you can see that take an other way... I don't know if I will work on a complete armor or just let a little "lion head" mask (coppery) with a nude body. I don't think that a armored statue will look good.

(sry about my poor English, again)

No,not nude body..armor looks very good!! :good:

Its not too much overthetop,its just perfect weight of details.

With a little cracks here and there it would look marvelous as a coppery statue.

I also see it holding a lance on its side... :unsure:

anyway,its cool!! :)

just some little change for today;

- helmet is a separate piece

- changing paws

- adding arms

Thx for the com artman, a spear or something like that could be cool x). And about a buckler in the other hand ? :p

Is there a way to create a new layer who interact with an other. I mean; can I work on the armor using a kind of overlay on the body? And so, keep armor separate from the body..

4fc38cb7d78447c19c5e9b3f56966.jpg

• Contributor

just some little change for today;

- helmet is a separate piece

- changing paws

- adding arms

Thx for the com artman, a spear or something like that could be cool x). And about a buckler in the other hand ? :p

Is there a way to create a new layer who interact with an other. I mean; can I work on the armor using a kind of overlay on the body? And so, keep armor separate from the body..

4fc38cb7d78447c19c5e9b3f56966.jpg

Toothpaste,Sphere and Carve brush overlay on layers.

But they are hard to really sculpt an armor with (except toothpaste with is crazy for more futuristic armors)

But personnaly I prefer this:

make 2 copies of your model

Add your armor with your favorites brushes (Me=SF.Clay)

Then use "substract from" function from voxtree menu. :)

You can keep doing this endlessly (with hair,clothe...anything. 8):brush:

And,yes,a buckler!! Good idea!!

It will break symmetry even more.

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone and thanks for your comments.

3DArtist; I used "merge for per pixel painting", with normal map of course :). With a 5 raycasting lenght to catch smaller details.

michalis; I really enjoy your work and I would like to know if you are able to teach me how you do your render so great :p. I didn't take time to try rendering on 3DC, cause I prefer real time.

digman; Thx a lot. I like to show how I worked. Maybe cause I dont like to answer questions :p

I am working on a new one so I will show you the result soon. If you want to know, michalis, that will be a Grece sphinx naxien statue :D