3DCoat Forums

Hide-function

Hi,

I tried the "hide" function, but I noticed that it just hides objects from my view, but not from the tools I am using? Is that right? So, if I want to flatten a structure hidden behind another structre I am not able to get there? At least the cursor ist jumping here, there and everywhere, but not where I need it...

• Contributor
Hi,

I tried the "hide" function, but I noticed that it just hides objects from my view, but not from the tools I am using? Is that right? So, if I want to flatten a structure hidden behind another structre I am not able to get there? At least the cursor ist jumping here, there and everywhere, but not where I need it...

The Freeze function is the only one I know of that disables your ability to change a surface until you "unfreeze" it.

OK, what I mean is that I have a single object in an .obj file (after importing, it is a single volume). Imagine the model of a hand, with only almost no space between the fingers. I need to smooth the surface of the fingers from all sides, but the cursor always jumps from one finger to the other... If I use the "hide function", I can hide the other fingers until I have just left one single finger in the field of view - but the cursor does see the hidden structures - so it does not help me. And I wonder if it is possible to tell the cursor NOT to jump to the hidden structures....

• Contributor
OK, what I mean is that I have a single object in an .obj file (after importing, it is a single volume). Imagine the model of a hand, with only almost no space between the fingers. I need to smooth the surface of the fingers from all sides, but the cursor always jumps from one finger to the other... If I use the "hide function", I can hide the other fingers until I have just left one single finger in the field of view - but the cursor does see the hidden structures - so it does not help me. And I wonder if it is possible to tell the cursor NOT to jump to the hidden structures....

Use the "Freeze" function, that is what it is for.