3DCoat Forums

3D-Coat V3 release candidate for Linux!

Hello, I found a serious bug in this beta:

I tried to do myself new objects for snake/spike and merge tools and found out something weird:

sometimes, when I write in some directory a new file, the whole contents of the directory can disappear and the directory is no longer writeable.

This is very strange, since I write the .obj files from blender(usually copy them from another directory through system), but this never happened to me. It must be something about 3d-coat accesing the files on linux. Sometimes, the first time use of the mesh works, but then all directory disappears. This also can happen with the 'select mesh' option of the tool, same as when putting files in the VoxStamp directories. I think this bug is very dangerous, since it destroys whole directory.

here Is an example of a new mesh for the snake tool(a tree profile):

http://plant.ffa.vutbr.cz/~novak/dwnflz/tree_bark.obj

and yes, my system is ubuntu 8.10 32 bit, if that helps

• Advanced Member

Inc. res bug is still present! Application is closing without any message constantly...start 3DC - choose 2nd Voxel sphere - press inc. res twice...crash...not usable for me at the moment.... :(

Seems like a memory problem...when I try to load a included model for per pixel painting, application crashes or say "out of memory"...

Log.txt attached

Neverthless purchased it this morning...plz remove this annoying bugs... :declare:

Thx, Rene

Ubuntu 9.04 64 Bit

8GB RAM

GeForce 8800GTS

Log.txt

RC3 has been updated now.

vil

There was some mess with file / folder permissions set: folder got permissions for file, which is inacceptable for Linux. That bug has been fixed. Thanks.

cuffins

To reveal those bugs I installed today Ubuntu 9.04 64-bit. Per pixel painting really crashes, but only if texture size is 8192 x 8192. In Windows there is the same behavior, and it is really because of “out of memory” case. Please try to set texture size to 4096 x 4096 and see the behavior. About increase resolution… Tried dozens of times but with no luck to see the crash… :download:

Morpheus

Which of?

• Like 1

• Applink Developer

I also have inc. resolution bug still. I bet it's very hard to solve because it's so random. sometimes for me it's first press sometimes not. Maybe if you try to create a new layers and new spheres into it and then

press inc.res. I have almost same spec with you cuffins. ubuntu 9.04 64bit, 8800 Gs, 6GB ram.

I really like the sculpting speed. I don't what have you done but it seems to be faster than before. Sometimes when I'm opening 3d-coat I get this. It's not so bad because when I press tabs it goes away but it's a little bit scary.

This is also very random so I'm sorry that I can't give steps only final result. Hope it helps.

post-1165-1248665468_thumb.png

haikalle

RC3 has been updated now. It contains fix for small interface on start up (that was illustrated on your screenshot).

cuffins

Morpheus

haikalle

Regarding to “Increase Resolution” crash… Is this “feature” only of 64 – bit version of 3d-coat, or 32-bit version also has it?

• Applink Developer

I have been playing with inc resolution button for 2 hours and I haven't had any crashes so far. Looking good but I will keep testing

A Bug: choose default sphere and then choose surface->Gum tool. Pick a spot and start to erase surface from that spot. Soon you get picture like this.

post-1165-1248706795_thumb.png

• Advanced Member
I have ubuntu 9.04 64bit

Yes...I didn't read your previous post...sorry...

@SERGIY

I will try new version when I will be back from vacation next week. THX alot for uploading new one... :clapping:

Rene

• Applink Developer

This came fast. I was thinking that it takes couple days for linux version. And the best thing this version is very stable. I didn't have any crashes. It is just a joy to use. Nice job everyone!

There is one thing. This is not so big issue. I have wacom bamboo tablet. And if you go for example to sculpting mode and choose extrude tool. I have to press with my pen quite a hard to

get most biggest pressure. In the future it would be nice to have an option inside 3d-coat where you can adjust pressure. Now I can change it manually but then it effects to my 2d applications too

so I have change it back when I use those application. I use 3d-coat with soft pressure(PressCurve 0,40,60,100) and 2d applications with normal pressure(0,5,95,100).

"forgive me I know this is not the right place to post this question" I know their are allot of Blender artist that use 3D Coat, it would be nice if 3D Coat could read and write blend files?? has any body checked out 2.5 :)

hey there, i just download the linux demo, under ubuntu 9.04 64Bit Nvidia Geforce 275GTX i got a problem with the Transform Widgets! Seams a little bit distorted and way to big!

Greetz

Puddie

Please attach here “Log.txt” file from the 3d-coat root folder. And screenshot would be nice too.

okay, will post a screenshot and the log.txt tonight.

one question for the win/linux license pricing. I just want to wait to purchase after my testing sessions are finished. So when will the price of 240$ for WIN/LINUX be raised?

thx

puddie

EDIT: So here are the two Screenshots. In Every Mode Sculpt/Voxels/Paint i get those Mesh Distorsions and Widget Deformations. The Log.txt is attached to this post.

THX

post-1815-1249119230_thumb.png

post-1815-1249119243_thumb.png

Log.txt

one question for the win/linux license pricing. I just want to wait to purchase after my testing sessions are finished. So when will the price of 240$ for WIN/LINUX be raised?

thx

puddie

EDIT: So here are the two Screenshots. In Every Mode Sculpt/Voxels/Paint i get those Mesh Distorsions and Widget Deformations. The Log.txt is attached to this post.

THX

Is my post in the correct thread? i need an answer, so i can bye the win/linux version or only the win!

thx

puddie

THX

Please set "System -> Preferences -> Appearance -> Visual Effects -> None".

Does it helps?

Also - when do you experience mesh distortion? Just from opening for example default head for per pixel or microvertex painting? Or there are some conditions when it starts to appear?