3DCoat Forums

Castle ruins

tTomas Aceytuno

Very nice results. The ruins looks a little bit overrounded and blobby for me, but why not? If they are really old. :)

Regards

Chris

Yes you are right...

I thought so too, but once I started I could not stop...

3d coat is fantastic, Powerfull and lw 100% compatible!! (perfect to use with lightwave, vue xstream)

My modeling times have gone down a lot....

Thanks.!!

post-1796-1247567142_thumb.jpg

• Advanced Member

The texturing of this is good but the walls are still way too soft to be realistic. Add much more detail to it all and sharper edges all around, even on very old ruins based on brickwalls you will still have sharp edges after hundreds or even a couple thousands of years. Materials like sandstone and other soft stones like that erode to a smoother surface by both wind and rain and other factors affecting the stone.

/ Magnus

The texturing of this is good but the walls are still way too soft to be realistic. Add much more detail to it all and sharper edges all around, even on very old ruins based on brickwalls you will still have sharp edges after hundreds or even a couple thousands of years. Materials like sandstone and other soft stones like that erode to a smoother surface by both wind and rain and other factors affecting the stone.

/ Magnus

thanks!