3DCoat Forums

Starfighter retopo

philnolan3d

Yes chipped paint is being worked on now, here's a sneak preview:

2009-08-16_1523.png

It shows up better as it's being rotated thanks to the spec. Episode III has a number of long scenes with these ships. I have the movie here so I'm going to try to go through it and grab some good stills. Plus I have stills already that someone sent me when I first did the high-res version a couple years ago, like the one attached.

post-466-1250451168_thumb.jpg

Thanks, the problem with shadows is that they are solid black so you can't actually see the model. Unless I hit the render button, but for some reason on this model rendering has made it look very washed out and muted.

Like so:

2009-08-21_1747.png

• Advanced Member

Great job! :)

I think the scratches and dust on a fighter plane should be more "directional" looking because most of them are made when flying.

Currently the appearance of the scratches and dust make me think she has been left in the apron for a long time.

Regards,

akira.

Not sure what you mean by apron, but I get the point regardless. I can see that the mask I used was fairly directional and i tried to follow that but it had other scratches too and I guess they came through more prominently than expected.

• Advanced Member

Sorry for my poor English. :p

As you can see in this picture, the trace of the dust on the wings goes mostly toward the back of the airplane,

while the density of the dust also fade toward the back, that's what I meant "directional". :)

akira.

post-751-1251347908_thumb.jpg

• Advanced Member

I think Akira maybe meant the word Hanger :)

By the way really liking your WIP so far Phil looks like you're really making use of the Cavity painting.

Wish I could show some of the stuff I've been working on here. I'm loving the recent version of 3DC.

• Advanced Member
I know what you meant about the scratches, just not the word apron. An apron is something you wear while cooking to keep your clothes from getting messy.

LOL Hehe, what I meant was a garage for aircrafts, and the only word I can find in my dictionary was apron. :blink:

akira.