3DCoat Forums

Adobe Photoshop Plugins, Effects, Filters & How To Use Them In Adobe Photoshop Elements 7

3d_sculptress

• Contributor

hope this helps some of you...I did some research on the '' Comparison of Photoshop and Photoshop Elements '' and found a wealth of info;;;

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/photoshop...eephotoshop.htm

If the cost of Photoshop is too much for you, consider Photoshop Elements instead. Photoshop Elements offers about 99% of the functionality of Photoshop at about a sixth of the price, and was designed to meet the needs of most non-professionals who will never use many of Photoshop's advanced features.

.Although these features are not natively supported in Photoshop Elements, some of them can be simulated through other tools in Elements (layer masks and quick mask, for example), and some are actually there, but hidden and only accessible through actions created in the full version of Photoshop. Some generous folks who have access to both Photoshop and Elements have created add-ons and tools that will allow Elements to use some of these features. See the Add-ons and Tools for Enhancing Photoshop Elements section to learn more about how to get these tools.

Photoshop Elements also offers some features that are not available in Photoshop such as the cookie cutter tool, drop in frames, backgrounds, and artwork, an automatic red eye removal, Quick Fix mode, and the Photo Organizer. The Photo Organizer (only in the Windows version of Photoshop Elements 3 and up) lets you organize your photos with tags, then search and share them. The Organizer also offers several types of creations for sharing your photos in slide shows, video CDs, cards, email, calendars, Web galleries, and photo books.

In addition, most Photoshop-compatible Plug-ins and Filters will also work with Photoshop Elements. Photoshop Elements users who are aware of the limitations noted above can also take advantage of the many Photoshop Tutorials found on the Web.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Add-ons and Tools for Photoshop Elements ;

http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/pselement...op_Elements.htm

How to Use Photoshop Brushes, Styles, Shapes and Other Content in Elements

There are hundreds of Web sites offering free Photoshop brushes, layer style effects, actions, shapes, patterns, gradients, and color swatch sets. All this free content can also be used in Photoshop Elements. Here's what to do with these files to get them working in Elements, along with links to where you can find these free goodies.

How to Use Photoshop Actions in Photoshop Elements

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Free Adobe Photoshop Brushes to Download ;

http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/photoshop...to_Download.htm

How to Convert Photoshop Brushes for Use in Other Software ;

There are thousands of free Photoshop brushes available for download on the Web. If you donn't have Photoshop, you may have though you couldn't use these Photoshop Brushes. But not any more. Learn how you convert ABR files to PNG files so you can use them in your preferred photo editor...........................

Free Downloads for Adobe Photoshop ;

http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/photoshop...e_Photoshop.htm

Free downloads of brushes, custom shapes, layer styles, presets, utilties, templates, add-ons, palettes, and other resources for Adobe Photoshop. Many of these downloads (gradients, brushes, styles, shapes) can also be used in Photoshop Elements.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Plug-ins, Filters, Special Effects, and Enhancement Tools

http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/pluginsfi...ement_Tools.htm

Install & Manage Plug-ins (11)

3D and Surface Effects (19)

Make Your Own Filters (7)

Nature and Particle Effects (12)

Free Filters & Plugins (62)

Special Effects Generators (9)

Plug-in Effects Collections (13)

Productivity/Tool Enhancers

Type & Text Effects (22)

Web & Animation Plugins (0)

Photo Enhancement @ Halftone / Line Screen (6)

Photo Art / Effects / Fr... @ Adobe Illustrator Plugins @ Textures and Patterns (44)

How Do You Use and Install Plug-Ins?

How do you use and install plugins for graphics software?

LOTS OF ALIEN SKIN PLUGINS AT ABOVE LINK ;;

Alien Skin Snap Art Artistic Effects Plug-In

Alien Skin Snap Art is a collection of ten filters that can give your photos the artistic styling of colored pencil, Impasto, Pointillism, pen and ink, pencil sketch, pastels, comics, watercolor, oil painting, and pop art.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

More Free Downloads for Adobe Photoshop & Adobe Photoshop Elements 7

http://graphicssoft.about.com/z/js/o.htm?k...ement_Tools.htm

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I just found this link right after I posted this, so thought I would add it to this.......this tutorial works exactly the same way in Adobe Photoshop Elements 7

http://video.about.com/graphicssoft/Custom-Brush.htm

Turn a Picture into a Paint Brush in Photoshop ;

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

:drinks:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Contributor

you're welcome, geo, haikalle..i just love experimenting with brushes, effects, etc. what's so sweet is that we can also use any of these brushes in 3DC (just import them in via 3DC brush alpha folder...i've even imported jpeg images, black/white and also color, into my 3DC brush alpha and used them for brush effects..u can make logos that way, too.)... hope you find some things that'll be helpful in your projects..always glad to help. drinks.gif

• 1 year later...
  • Advanced Member

Awesome info... I recently jumped shipped from Corel Paint Shop Pro X3 to Photoshop Elements 9... I muchly appreciate the performance in Elements over PSP....

• 5 years later...

The Google Nik Collection is now free. Learn more 

Starting March 24, 2016, the latest Nik Collection will be freely available to download: Analog Efex Pro, Color Efex Pro, Silver Efex Pro, Viveza, HDR Efex Pro, Sharpener Pro and Dfine .

• Like 2