3DCoat Forums

3D-Coat User Group Webinar

Javis

Webinar-Promo-v001.jpg

Hey everyone!

Firstly, I want to thank everyone for attending all my previous 3D-Coat webinars! They were a great joy to do, and the attendee response was excellent.

We've teamed up with the Pilgway team to bring this to you. In this Webinar, we'll be covering a great many of the new features in 3D-Coat v3.1 and demonstrating the uses of them. Especially the new Muscles and Toothpaste tools, for organic character creation. If you haven't checked out 3D-Coat lately, or are entirely new to it, I highly encourage you to join us for this webinar. If you're on the fence about getting it, this will certainly shed some light as to what 3D-Coat is all about, and how easy it is to use.

Also since we got so many questions and such great feedback from the previous webinars, we'll be doing an extra long Q&A session. So definitely join us if you want to directly ask us questions about the program!

Here's the skinny:

Date: 03OCT09

Time: 1500-1700 GMT (0800-1000 PDT)

Price: $4.95

post-1232-1252444648_thumb.jpg

Hey Robert!

I am not certain on the download idea, I've seen and had too many problems with the latest DVD download. But I am considering it. I am strongly considering publishing to DVD though, that's for certain.

Anyway, I will think on the download idea... If I get enough requests, I may do that. :)

Hey Javis,

I'm signed up and looking forward to it.

I don't want to steer the webinar, but want to offer this thought. As a newbie one thing I'm hoping to learn is how to get the work from 3DC to other apps (in my case, Lightwave). For example, say I'm done with voxel modelling, and I've completed the retopology, then as I understand it I create a UV map for my topology right in the Retopo mode, then I unwrap the UVMap. At this point I go to save as a LWO model and am presented with the Save dialog with options that confused me, like the mid-poly/hi-poly options (didn't my retopology define the polygon count?).

Another example, the current UVMap tutorial (the one with the penguin) is great but it doesn't show how to finish, that is saving the UVMap, painting on it, and then final export to see it in another program. Or a workflow that goes full circle, that is, import a LWO, create the UVMap, paint on it, then save it and load it in another 3DApp. I have a feeling these are easy things but I don't seem to find where they are covered. So any help would be great.

Again, just some food for thought, looking forward to the webinar!

-Jim

• Contributor
Hey Javis,

I'm signed up and looking forward to it.

I don't want to steer the webinar, but want to offer this thought. As a newbie one thing I'm hoping to learn is how to get the work from 3DC to other apps (in my case, Lightwave). For example, say I'm done with voxel modelling, and I've completed the retopology, then as I understand it I create a UV map for my topology right in the Retopo mode, then I unwrap the UVMap. At this point I go to save as a LWO model and am presented with the Save dialog with options that confused me, like the mid-poly/hi-poly options (didn't my retopology define the polygon count?).

Another example, the current UVMap tutorial (the one with the penguin) is great but it doesn't show how to finish, that is saving the UVMap, painting on it, and then final export to see it in another program. Or a workflow that goes full circle, that is, import a LWO, create the UVMap, paint on it, then save it and load it in another 3DApp. I have a feeling these are easy things but I don't seem to find where they are covered. So any help would be great.

Again, just some food for thought, looking forward to the webinar!

-Jim

I share your confusion.

I plan to cover this, IF (and I've been assured it will be) the new UV tools are implemented by the webinar. :)

I wont do the whole process as we don't have time for that of course, but from a logical point (after it's been retopologized, I'll unwrap and export then open in another application).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

I'd love to attend these seminars but will have to decline... And I'm perplexed why they would be offered at a time when most people are at work...

Will this seminar be made available for download at a later time...???

Thanks kindly....

Ken

• Contributor

The time is 0800 PDT, and 1500 GMT on a Saturday morning. If you work that day I am sorry, but I can't accommodate every single timezone.

Hi Javis,

I paid $4.95 for one of your previous webinars (the one you couldn't do) and I turned up late for LJB's last and couldn't watch it so I'm out $14.90 all told. I sent an email to Kurv@KurvStudio.com twice and got no reply so I filled out the form on their website asking for a credit. If they send a link to me before LJB fires up today, I will be satisfied. If they don't, maybe you can arrange a credit for your show on Saturnday (I usually get up around 7:30 AM PDT.

• Advanced Member

The time is 0800 PDT, and 1500 GMT on a Saturday morning. If you work that day I am sorry, but I can't accommodate every single timezone.

Yikes... I was confusing this with one from Kurv... Sorry... I signed up last night... Looking forward to it.. Enjoyed your prior webinars...

Will I receive instructions via e-mail how to connect to the webinar? The only e-mail I did receive was from Paypal acknowledging payment...

Thanks and keep up the great work...

Cheers

Ken

Hey sorry! I've been really sick the last couple of weeks (seriously) and have been missing all the posts meant for me, so my apologies.

Yes, this webinar is not sponsored, hosted, or any other relation to kurv.

Tony, I am sorry to hear you had such a bad experience with kurv. I hope that it is resolved soon. Good luck!

• Advanced Member

Hi Javis,

I paid $4.95 for one of your previous webinars (the one you couldn't do) and I turned up late for LJB's last and couldn't watch it so I'm out $14.90 all told. I sent an email to Kurv@KurvStudio.com twice and got no reply so I filled out the form on their website asking for a credit. If they send a link to me before LJB fires up today, I will be satisfied. If they don't, maybe you can arrange a credit for your show on Saturnday (I usually get up around 7:30 AM PDT.

Unfortunately this seems to be the modus operandi for Kurv.

Javis I hope your feeling 100% again. Looking forward to the webinar :yahoo:

• Advanced Member

Yikes... I was confusing this with one from Kurv... Sorry... I signed up last night... Looking forward to it.. Enjoyed your prior webinars...

Will I receive instructions via e-mail how to connect to the webinar? The only e-mail I did receive was from Paypal acknowledging payment...

Cheers

Ken

Ken if you didn't recieve an email on how to connect to the webinar you might want to send Javis (geothefaust) a private message. You can also send questions about the webinar to webinars@javisjones.com

Should be really interesting :drinks:

Cheers

Ken

Hey Ken! I didn't see your entire message here, sorry about that.

Did you check your spam folder to see if maybe your registration email went there? If it's not in your spam folder, email me at webinars@javisjones.com and I'll get you squared away.

• Advanced Member

Enjoyed the webinar Javis. :good:

Really cool that Andrew was in attendance. :yahoo:

Thanks JJ for the webinar... I always enyoy them... In the future could you have webinars that are aimed at 3DC newbies... I've been using Wings3D and e-on's Vue for 6 years or so... I have also dabbled with Hexagon and Cinema4D but feel more at home in 2D environments like Corel Painter and Paint Shop Pro... I've lusted for years after ZBrush after playing with various trial versions of ZB... When I caught wind of Curvy3D and later 3DCoat I knew I had to purchase these two... I'm slowly learning Curvy3D but 3DCoat seems to be a little steeper learning curve... Even IMHO steeper then ZBrush (once you get used to the quirky ZB ui)...

Thanks again it was a very enjoyable and enlightening 2 1/2 hours... Pretty cool Andrew was in the shadows but sounded he had his hands full with his kids...

Cheers & many thanks

Kenmo

Hey thanks everyone for the awesome feedback! We had a lot of fun doing the webinar, regardless of my illness. :)

I want to also thank Gideon, he really brought a lot of awesomeness to the table!

As for a possible download of it, we're still churning that idea around. It would be around the same price as the webinar was.

• 1 month later...

Actually there is...

I just got more bandwidth on my server to cope with the load that will soon hit it. ;)

I have some editing to do on the recording, and some other projects ahead of it in the pipeline. Though it should be available soon (possibly a couple of weeks, give or take a few days).