3DCoat Forums

Hard and other faces

Pixelpantscher

Hi all,

just wanted to share my first head with you. And it is realy the first head I made ever :yahoo:

Not that I didn't try it before, but I allways stocked already with the basemesh.

My normal job is technical stuff and nothing organic.

post-1990-1252774830_thumb.jpg

post-1990-1252774850_thumb.jpg

post-1990-1252774872_thumb.jpg

The big horns happened by mistake when I was playing with the Move Tool on a squashed sphere - and this was the start :pardon:

Crits and comments are always appreciated

Hans

• Advanced Member

Nice... Try altering your model if it's still at an early stage to have it's mouth open, because it isn't quite possible to maintain overlapping surfaces with voxels and unfortunately that's what makes the lips seem fleshy and real because of their very nature to tend to blend a lot with their neighbors especially at initial low resolutions (At least I should tell ya, that's what I started doing nowadays :) )

Cheers;

AJ

Nice... Try altering your model if it's still at an early stage to have it's mouth open, because it isn't quite possible to maintain overlapping surfaces with voxels and unfortunately that's what makes the lips seem fleshy and real because of their very nature to tend to blend a lot with their neighbors especially at initial low resolutions (At least I should tell ya, that's what I started doing nowadays :) )

Cheers;

AJ

AJ,

thanks for the comment. I think I get your point. In the moment the lips look like welded and where a sharp edge should be is a rounded groove.

But now my question: how to open the mouth (the head is made from one piece) and after it is opend, how to avoid that this blending happens again

while the lips are still close together?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I tried different ways to open it without any success.

Hans

Just one of my normal Jobs. Not very impressive models, but the advantages of 3DC are realy impressive for this type of work.

The final results will be some illustrations for a technical manuel.

STL-model merged to voxels

post-1990-1253037530_thumb.jpg

only the sharp edges are smoothed to give them the look of a casting

post-1990-1253037547_thumb.jpg

First stage of wearout with a propper ajusted machine

post-1990-1253037565_thumb.jpg

Totally worn out on one side.

post-1990-1253037588_thumb.jpg

Wearout with wrong feeding

post-1990-1253037491_thumb.jpg

And a quick testrender

For me it is fascinating that the whole process of getting the shapes has taken less the half an hour.