3DCoat Forums

Orc bust

philnolan3d

• Advanced Member

yes that's true but when you speak the language badly it is difficult to collaborate especially since up to now I use 3Dcoat as any user and I do not have more knowledge than the others....so is also why I mest many pictures to show my way of working for others and how I work

Great work !

The Tooth could be easily done in 3D Coat no :) ?

With Planar tool and others that could be easy ?

Thanks, I don't know if I see how the planar tool and others would be any easier.

Nice Orc Phil. Nice to see you organic's side once in a while.

Thanks, it was in part thanks to watching your "Avatar" webinar, though I forgot some parts of it. If only there was a away to refresh my memory... ;)

Thanks. I just now went up in resolution one more time bringing it to about 10 mil. tri's (the video showed 3.2 mil). Right away I noticed the viewport rotation slowed down a little bit, so I think this will be the last time I increase res. I probably won't need to anyway, after this I should be able to add the finer details in the painting room. Of course it could be that I just need to restart 3DC or my computer.

• Advanced Member

Here's another update. Probably best to move on to polygons at this point before adding any more detail.

Looks great so far I would pinch some of the wrinkles so they are not so rounded I hope you are going to offset the symmetry so it is not so asymetrical..I'am just picking of course..

I hate this new forum format what happened to the old one..

• Advanced Member

good work I think it could use more medium sized detail so for example instead of just sculpting in wrinkles sculpt a subtle lump of skin with a very soft brush then put the wrinkle in on the edge of that lump, this way you will get much more believable volume to the skin and muscles. you have done this on the brow but not much around the mouth or eyes etc the detail just looks like drawn on lines there

Thanks all. as far as wrinkles, I may have missed a spot or two but pretty much for every wrinkles I make I cut in the line for it, then use a softer brush to build up a little mound on either side, then smooth out the edges of the mound to blend it in.

• Advanced Member

It is coming along well, Id just like to see it taken a bit further. I dont just mean wrinkles I mean the muscles and skin which causes the wrinkles look at this guys frogman sculpt

see all the big shapes around the mouth , they give it character and believeability before hes even gotten to fine wrinkles

• Advanced Member

better but a little harsh with the brush strength, like it alot though, these kind of details translate well to normal maps where wrinkles sometimes look too flat. Sorry if I sound really picky Im just used to being on other forums where people are really harsh

To be honest I'll probably use it more for hair than muscles. I haven't really had enough time to play with it. As you can see in the sculpting video I had trouble with it when trying to wrap around the neck because of the camera angle needing to be changed so I ended up using Curves with a Muscle setting. The thing is with zbrush's sausages tool or whatever it's called, it's a completely different material you're working with, which is then converted to the final material. With 3DC's Muscle tool it's still voxels from start to finish so it's really just a shortcut to the muscle shape you could get with the Build or Airbrush tool for example. Maybe I just haven't figured out the proper workflow for it. I'm not exactly an expert at Anatomy, maybe I would find it really useful if I knew real muscles by heart (no pun intended).

BTW, while I'm typing in this thread I'll add that I'm finishing up the retopo. The main head is finished and I'm working on the teeth / gums right now.