3DCoat Forums

ATI graphic card and 3D-Coat

Crystal Noir

Hi all,

I wonder :

I have a ATI 4870 HD, but I don't know if it's better to use Dx ou Gl with it ? I tried both but I didn't notify difference. What do you think about ? It appears that the dx version runs more quickly if I believe severals threads in this forum, but it is the same with ATI graphic cards ?

Can we expect an optimization (like cuda for nvidia) for ATI graphic cards ?

i'm running on Windows 7 32 bits but I will change in few time for the 64 bits edition with 5 Go RAM.

Thx here :)

Hi all,

I wonder :

I have a ATI 4870 HD, but I don't know if it's better to use Dx ou Gl with it ? I tried both but I didn't notify difference. What do you think about ? It appears that the dx version runs more quickly if I believe severals threads in this forum, but it is the same with ATI graphic cards ?

Can we expect an optimization (like cuda for nvidia) for ATI graphic cards ?

i'm running on Windows 7 32 bits but I will change in few time for the 64 bits edition with 5 Go RAM.

Thx here :)

I have an ATI 2600 HD, Dx is faster, but when sculpting or rotating it can be slightly laggy, so I use GL since it's consistent. I loose only about 5 frames per second anyway, so the difference isn't noticeable. In Vista, I find that 3D Coat actually runs faster with Aero on... amazingly. Since you have a different card, processor bit depth, and operating system, it might be a different story.

I recommend trying and recording the frames per second with and without Aero, and in both modes.