3DCoat Forums

Scott's Work

Scott Padbury

• Advanced Member
Very nice, I guess you modelled it without the use of cloth?

Regards, Robert

Thanks, I retopoed , then I used cloth ,pick from retopo , subdivide it a couple of times and then sculpt. I did not use the start button to make it drape.. :brush:

• Contributor

Great work Scott. Do watch the scale of those shoes though the toe cap looks a little too large. Bit clownish. Great work, Definitely mention the symm with the clothes but its already been covered. Keep the updates upadate I'll follow this one to completion.

• Advanced Member
Great work Scott. Do watch the scale of those shoes though the toe cap looks a little too large. Bit clownish. Great work, Definitely mention the symm with the clothes but its already been covered. Keep the updates upadate I'll follow this one to completion.

Thanks Leigh, you are right about the shoes I started out making the shoe part to big I will have to go back and redo them. They probably won't be seen when I do the animation..Looking forward to you Webinar tomorrow..

Thanks Chris as well.. :drinks:

• Advanced Member

What is the best way to get this in paint Retopo or quadrangulate first and which one? Any help would be great.. These are all in separate layers..I got it in quadrangulate now but I'am not sure if I have the right one. I kept getting crashes with it.

post-653-12538942362981_thumb.jpg

post-653-12538942508026_thumb.jpg

• Contributor

What is the best way to get this in paint Retopo or quadrangulate first and which one? Any help would be great.. These are all in separate layers..I got it in quadrangulate now but I'am not sure if I have the right one. I kept getting crashes with it.

Retopo, best for animation, different voxel layer dont matter. Get good edgefloew on there if its going to be animated. Qaudrangulation is messy. Works ok but not for anim.

• Advanced Member

Retopo, best for animation, different voxel layer dont matter. Get good edgefloew on there if its going to be animated. Qaudrangulation is messy. Works ok but not for anim.

It is going to be animated so retopo and then paint..Will they keep the level of detail? Somebody in a another question area mentioned Quadrangulate then paint then retopo seems like and extra step..Thanks Leigh..

• Advanced Member

what are you trying to achieve? we cant help you if you dont say what your goals are. Are you trying to use quadrangulate and paint? or will you manually retopo the character etc etc?

1.Here is what I got, I have all the clothes in seperate layers would it be best to combine it all into one layer then retopo?

2. This is going to be animated .

I think I know what I need to do from a Jarvis Jones video I saw how to get it there.

• Contributor

1.Here is what I got, I have all the clothes in seperate layers would it be best to combine it all into one layer then retopo?

2. This is going to be animated .

I think I know what I need to do from a Jarvis Jones video I saw how to get it there.

For animation, a single mesh will be nice and clean. In retopo, you have total control over the UVs and the clusters can match the clothes. I have exported seperate meshes (for heads, hands, bodies with clothes over clothes and will in future combine things in 3DC rather than exporting seperate objects.

• Advanced Member

For animation, a single mesh will be nice and clean. In retopo, you have total control over the UVs and the clusters can match the clothes. I have exported seperate meshes (for heads, hands, bodies with clothes over clothes and will in future combine things in 3DC rather than exporting seperate objects.

Thanks for that Tony appreciate it, then that is what I will do.

I wouldn't use per-pixel for a character like this, that would be better for a low poly game character. Try picking Merge Into Scene (microverts) and pick a medium resolution for the carcass and a "millions of polygons" setting, like 4 or 5 million would probably be good. This is the same way I did the head in my orc WIP, but I used close to 7 mil.

• Advanced Member

I'm still a newbie, but you might try going to the paintroom, then select 'import'...then select 'model for per pixel painting'

Thanks but that is not it.. I'am going from voxels to retopo, trying to get it into paint..