3DCoat Forums

POLL: How would you rate the new 3DC forum page design?

jacobo

Do you want the new Forum page design, or should the former design be restored?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate the new 3DC forum page design?

• Very Nice... Much nicer than the old one.
    • It's ok as long as it does the job...
    • It's ok as long as some effort is made to enhance its design and the overall color scheme is dimmed.
    • The old one reflected 3DC much better and was a whole lot less strain for my eyes... We want it back!
    • The old one was just fine and I still can't understand why they needed to change it... What gives?

• Advanced Member

Hey, it's not bad!. I could get used to it. I'm not sure about how the ZBrush, Mudbox and CGSociety folks will feel about it. They're used to a dark background and so the opposite contrast may be a little unsettling for them. Don't want to alienate potential customers, do we? :)

• Contributor

Hey, it's not bad!. I could get used to it. I'm not sure about how the ZBrush, Mudbox and CGSociety folks will feel about it. They're used to a dark background and so the opposite contrast may be a little unsettling for them. Don't want to alienate potential customers, do we? :)

Webmaster has stated to us that he will reskin, I quite like the new functionallity just bring back some of the old look. and Back to normal, It is a better engine than previous Seems quite a bit faster here to me.

From a design point of view the White background is nice just check the Updates thread and look how the White compliments the standard 3d coat colours. Black green and grey looks very cool.

I wouldn't mind at all except that it seems to miss my regular button on top (or any visible-clickable button). I've been heading to "most recent posts". I'm generally scanning for easier UI demos and tutorials on a number of software-aps. Thanks for great user-tutorial vids-- A1 to all. Sculptors benefit a lot by good user-vids and discussions. - Each site is so different. One click on firsts page helps user-navigation. Recent discussion has more current 3dc version discussions. Better is to shortcut navigation paths as much as possible. The gradient~ green previous version/page style reminds me of the pixol advancement of tech in action, (on an action gradient). Nudge color to a shade of harder celadon green bars.

If memory serves... Even the previous pages seemed to not allow browser-bookmarking, pointing to "most recent posts" button, to save one more user-steps, each time user wanted to log in real quick.

• Advanced Member

ack! not a fan of light/white backgrounds at all...and not being able to just

hit 'reply' (then login) without going to 'signin' first, although a nitpick,

seemed 1 less click...call me lazy. :)

Also, having 'IPBoard' at the top seems to minimize the relation of this being 3DC's

forum.

Always willing to be out-voted by the masses tho. :D

ack! not a fan of light/white backgrounds at all...and not being able to just

hit 'reply' (then login) without going to 'signin' first, although a nitpick,

seemed 1 less click...call me lazy. :)

Also, having 'IPBoard' at the top seems to minimize the relation of this being 3DC's

forum.

Always willing to be out-voted by the masses tho. :D

Like it was said above, the current look is just temporary until the upgrades are finished. Odd thing is, like I said on another thread, for me the background has always been white, it looked like the attachment (except the attachment has no images.) As far as lgging in, I never noticed this I just leave it logged in all the time. Can you not do that?

post-466-12537680527713_thumb.jpg

I'm guessing you meant "can I not do that?". Of course you can, I just thought you had missed the part above that said it was temporary since you didn't make any indication that you had. It just seems silly to me to continue discussing this page design when it's not permanent. As far as I'm concerned this design could look like it's on a monochrome DOS display, of course that's an exaggeration, but I think you get my point. I don't mean to start an argument or anything I just misunderstood.

Webmaster has stated to us that he will reskin, I quite like the new functionallity just bring back some of the old look. and Back to normal, It is a better engine than previous Seems quite a bit faster here to me.

From a design point of view the White background is nice just check the Updates thread and look how the White compliments the standard 3d coat colours. Black green and grey looks very cool.

Indeed! I am looking forward to when Vladimir has finished up the new theme. I quite like the old colors.