3DCoat Forums

I like the new forum design

lc8b105

• Advanced Member

Have noticed that the new forum design is live today, have experience it until now. I have to say - I like it!

I like how it looks like: Not only the grey and green theme color, but also the rounded corner and color gradient.

The user experience is aslo improved: Have you noticed that you can easily contract/expand each sub-forum by simply click the tiny button on top right? Have you noticed the right sidebar "Recently Added Topics"? You can even close the sidebar if you don't like it, quite nice. You can even choose skins on left bottom, there are "3DC skin" and "IP board" available.

3DC forum now looks more Professional.

Thanks Popelnukh Vladimir, you did a great job! :)

• Advanced Member

Hi All,

I agree, I also like new forum-design better. One thing is irritating though:

The vertical and horizontal strokes inside message fields.

A similar vertical stroke is typically used in Email-programs to indicate a quote;

this is misleading. One might consider separating the author data/avatar area and

the Footer with a slightly different colour instead.

Glad to see the text box background made darker. Thanks! And now another few small things. ^_^ It's difficult to tell which threads have been read and which have new posts. Weren't the "new posts" threads bold before or something? Also at a glance it's difficult to tell pinned threads from "moved" threads at a glance if they're both at the top, the pinned threads used to have their own section with a horizontal line between them and the rest. I think that made it really easy to tell them apart.

• Advanced Member

Hi All,

I agree, I also like new forum-design better. One thing is irritating though:

The vertical and horizontal strokes inside message fields.

A similar vertical stroke is typically used in Email-programs to indicate a quote;

this is misleading. One might consider separating the author data/avatar area and

the Footer with a slightly different colour instead.

Far better!

Glad to see the text box background made darker. Thanks! And now another few small things. ^_^ It's difficult to tell which threads have been read and which have new posts. Weren't the "new posts" threads bold before or something? Also at a glance it's difficult to tell pinned threads from "moved" threads at a glance if they're both at the top, the pinned threads used to have their own section with a horizontal line between them and the rest. I think that made it really easy to tell them apart.

As I understand its not so easy to do, I have to change forum engine to make it. Did you see it on other IPB forums?

• Contributor

hi Vladimir....new forum looks great and love the 'newest topics section''..I do have one request ...is there any way that a 'view next' option could be added to the pop-up image attatchments,,,so that we wouldn't have to view them individually (unless one wanted to) ?..it's just time consuming sometimes, opening and closing, then opening and closing each one...just a thought...but again, the new look is great.smile.gif

edit; ...sorry bout that .unsure.gif ..I just now discovered the 'previous' and 'next' pop-ups on the images...so that's great....again..great work...drinks.gif

I thought I saw it in this forum before the change, but maybe not. No I guess I was wrong. I'm looking at the old design now and I don't see the bold text. I do see the pinned posts are separated though. See?

I have changed background color of pinned topics

• Advanced Member

I don't like being the party pooper but I really don't like the way the image links open with that slow animated flash thing..

I prefer to middle click open links and images into a new tab (firefox) but with this new system we can't.

Everything else is top notch.